Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Message Board Lurkers! >

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 PM

I have tried to keep my laptop open while sewing. I either get lost in sewing and forget the computer is there or I get lost in the computer and forget to sew.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 PM

I have tried to keep my laptop open while sewing. I either get lost in sewing and forget the computer is there or I get lost in the computer and forget to sew.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
lolo what a dilema, but I can surely relate! altho the computer keeps me occupied while the emboroidery unit is running, especially a design that takes over an hour.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ritas Relics
You are right I lurk.I am not very good and am trying so hard to figure out how to even use the space in my spare room for sewing. I have a peice of plywood on the bed with my cutting board on top of it. It looks pitiful and is back breaking to work on.Then I am trying to figure out how to sort the material. So far cottons on one spot, satins in one spot, polyester in one spot etc. I think I need shelves because I can`t get rid of the bed. I inherited a lot of 4 1/2 in square polyester pieces so my first project is a lap quilt to donate to my local dialysis unit, they are always cold.Should I use muslin backing ? I don`t know.I made a table runner with the local home bureau but have to line things up so much more still. I am a rookie at 60 years old. It is not like following a dress pattern.
You're right, it is very different from following a dress pattern. How did your lap quilt turn out? Did you use muslin for the backing? By the way, muslin is perfectly fine for backings. It used to be the standard but today many people use fancy patterned fabric on the back or even make pieced backings, depending on what the quilt will be used for. A lot of times babies and special needs people will get minky or fleece on the back of a quilt. Actually, I love the feel of minke and am going to use it on a lap quilt I make for myself, once I get around to actually making myself a quilt.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 PM

Guess after over 5000 posts I am not a lurker so I will pass.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM

Well im sort of not a lurker, but I finally got a picture on my Avatar! Whooo hoooo! I just love reading the board and am usually on here most of the evenings.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:32 PM

is this only for July or do we do this every month?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:32 PM

is this only for July or do we do this every month?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 PM

Ok, I lurk too. I learn a lot by reading what everyone posts. You guys all know so much I kinda feel like the village idiot. What I know I've learned from a few classes,TV and books. Which puts me ahead of our group of ladies at church. So I try to teach them. Really scary huh?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 PM

I'm scared! All the pictures are soooooo beautiful and I'm afraid that I won't measure up! I have recently posted some purses and my DGD's first quilt and got such nice, poitive feedback so I'm working up my courage to post some pics of my own quilts. cluck, cluck