Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 AM

Thanks Billy. Just need a little push start.

WeedWoman, totally agree with a minor hissy fit!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy and everyone, I have my 1905 - 1910 Singer 9W up and running! My DH was able to make the "controller wire" and it stitches perfect! Very easy treadle to use!

Now my problem is going to be getting needles -- it has the one inserted, but I can't find the vintage needles for sale! I found the post from Charlee on using Schmetz needles. She listed 5 different needles -- should I get the SMx1014A for quilting -- I looked the needles up and that is an 80 I think?

Nancy
Billy did you have a chance to look at this post? I want to order some needles to try on my Singer 9W, I pulled up Charlee's post on the Schmetz needles and I need some information on which one to try for piecing quilts?

Any thoughts?

Nancy
Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I know from what comments that have been made by a few that they are not happy that I am running this shop here........ :roll:

Billy
Is there a logical reason, or is it just the "big fish, small pool" thing?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I know from what comments that have been made by a few that they are not happy that I am running this shop here........ :roll:

Billy
Is there a logical reason, or is it just the "big fish, small pool" thing?
I am not saying but I know the reasons why.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy did you have a chance to look at this post? I want to order some needles to try on my Singer 9W, I pulled up Charlee's post on the Schmetz needles and I need some information on which one to try for piecing quilts?

Any thoughts?

Nancy
I am in the process of trying to find them for my machine! I will let you know what I find out.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 AM

Well I am a little disappointed in the way that they are doing the new members trying to join. I know the reason for them doing it but I dont understand why some of you are waiting months to be able to join.

The reason for the waiting period is that everything on the site is copyright protected and they have had a lot of folks get on there and steal information and print it as theirs without permission. Or use it for selling items on eBay.

Billy
I am also dissappointed with Needlebar. I applied, got accepted; had to ask to reset my password and I have been waiting so long (longer than 2 months) that I have given up on ever getting to use it as a resource so I can be informed. I am patient but there isn't anything that I know of that I can do to change this.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by leaha
here is my first find my first day out looking for oldies but goodies, my 503A
Your machine is beautiful. I am trying to find one myself without having to give an arm and a leg. :D Someday :D
Old 08-05-2010, 09:06 AM

I am also dissappointed with Needlebar. I applied, got accepted; had to ask to reset my password and I have been waiting so long (longer than 2 months) that I have given up on ever getting to use it as a resource so I can be informed. I am patient but there isn't anything that I know of that I can do to change this.[/quote]

I was accepted but I have to say that the responses that I received on a couple of questions were somewhat hostile....I haven't been back since....

It's too bad that they can't see that the more of us who contribute to the data pool(regardless of the site) the more complete the information library will become. The site isn't important, it is the people who contribute and this is the absolute best site in my not so very humble opinion. Let's keep the information and support for one another coming on strong.

Darcene
Old 08-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Has anybody seen this on ebay: 320570696147
I about lost it when I saw it. eek
Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Has anybody seen this on ebay: 320570696147
I about lost it when I saw it. eek
Okay I just puked on my computer...... :shock:

I could say something right now but this is a family friendly site......

Billy