Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many paper piecers are here? >

How many paper piecers are here?

How many paper piecers are here?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 AM

I just love paper piecing, especially tiny miniatures. I consider them to be be Fabric Art. For several years, I lived in small houses and some of my bigger projects had to be put on hold, so I started doing these.I am now in a bit bigger home and am focusing on completing some of my bigger projects but am dieing to get back at minis again.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:05 AM

now THAT is another way - twiddles------that makes 4 of any kind of pp instructions! I will have to try them all! Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by KarinSt
I would love to paper piece but afraid I won't understand it. I have a few beginner patterns but haven't found the nerve to get started.
You don't need to work up nerve, as the shoe company says, "Just do it". Many of us have a bunch of potential pot holders, FMQ practice pieces and things that could really work under a flower pot. BUT, that being said, I bet you will really be amazed at your first attempt. That is the seduction of PP. We look at it and marvel that "I really made that. " Best of all, you can use up little scraps.

If all else fails, it can become a cat bed. My cats love to lay on anything I make, and they don't care what it looks like, it's purrrrfection to them.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:28 AM

Thanks for the tutorials regarding freezer pp'ing --- I can't figure out how you get the pattern printed on the freezer paper??????? Probably obvious, but I'm still working on this morning's first cup of coffee ;)
Old 08-09-2010, 04:34 AM

I printed out the freezer tutorial...then to study it.

one question: do you print the entire pattern on the freezer or just the sections. silly but rather be sure than sorry later.

thanks.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM

I'm a beginner PP. I fell in love with it since I first began.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:56 PM

I took a class in foundation paper piecing that is much easier. The pattern is printed on paper, Carol Doaks makes a great product, and she also has a great DVD- I look forward to doing more.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM

I just took a class from Carol Doak on Saturday. Oh, it was so much fun and relaxing too. And her laugh! You just can't keep yourself from laughing along with her.
I got the 300 Blocks book and have a few projects planned from it already. Now, my only complaint is that this is not going to use up much stash quickly unless I print my foundations out bigger.
Oh, and she has her own kind of paper to use.
She says that she is coming out with legal size foundation paper next to do borders and longer rectangular blocks.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Midwestmary
Thanks for the tutorials regarding freezer pp'ing --- I can't figure out how you get the pattern printed on the freezer paper??????? Probably obvious, but I'm still working on this morning's first cup of coffee ;)
If you make a piece of freezer paper the same size as whatever you use in your printer, that will work or you can buy the FP from a quilt or fabric shop.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
I printed out the freezer tutorial...then to study it.

one question: do you print the entire pattern on the freezer or just the sections. silly but rather be sure than sorry later.

thanks.
Print the entire thing on the freezer paper and DO NOT cut it apart.