Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
How to make plastic templates >

How to make plastic templates

How to make plastic templates

Old 08-15-2010, 03:15 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: THE WHOLE PUNCH I LOVE IT, GUESS MY BRAIN WAS SLEEPING, THAT MAKES IT SO MUCH BETTER,THANKS FOR THE TIP . :-D
Old 08-15-2010, 03:46 PM

THANK YOU for the tute! I just picked out a pattern and templates this afternoon that i want to use to make my mom a quilt. she is 89 and in a nursing home. i will use all of your suggestions! Thank you again! and hello from Chambersburg, pa. Susie sew-a-lot :thumbup:
Old 08-16-2010, 03:57 PM

Could someone tell me how to print off just the tutorial without printing the reply's at the bottom of it. That's just wasted paper if I don't need it.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM

I bought a plexiglass square from local hardware store and they cut it into a four inch square I needed. No charge and I have the rest of the purchase for later shapes.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Could someone tell me how to print off just the tutorial without printing the reply's at the bottom of it. That's just wasted paper if I don't need it.

Thanks
The only way I can think of is if you copy and paste the tutorial part into a word possessor like Word, open office or google docs.
I dont know of another way sorry
Old 08-17-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts

Thanks
The only way I can think of is if you copy and paste the tutorial part into a word possessor like Word, open office or google docs.
I dont know of another way sorry
This is how I do it. Just copy and paste. If there is something in there that you don't want, once you are in "your" document, you can just delete what you don't want. Depending on how much info there is, it can be time consuming, but this way you get it just the way you want it.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Abby, thanks for this great tute! I've always thought templates were a complete pain and have denied myself some great quilt patterns simply to avoid dealing with them (kind of like hand-wash only clothes . . . they go right back on the sales rack and I don't give them a second glance. LOL.).

BUT, I'd never heard of the hole-punch and connecting the dots before. I finished blocks 1 & 2 last night and I may use the template method for every block now. It was so easy to be accurate by sewing on the lines. And even better than that, it was so nice to hold the fabric in my hands while cutting, just enjoying the feel of it. Relaxing. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Thanks
Highlight the section you want to print and then click on print and then click on selection.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Thank you soooo much. I have a ton of used file protectors and I will start after I finish the chemo support group project and the aprons I am making. I am a visual learning type person and the photos really help. You are a sweetheart. God love ya!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by luvin quilting

Thanks
Highlight the section you want to print and then click on print and then click on selection.
This doesn't work on my computer. What does work is this:

Highlight the section you want to print.
Click on File
Click on Print
Click on Selections
Click on Apply
Click on Print

Maybe it's because my computer is old, but this works anywhere I want to use it.