Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I need help ! >

I need help !

I need help !

Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM

I'd like to know about the technique too.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 AM

Really beautiful!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 AM

I would love to see a tutorial on this. If you would do one, I would be grateful.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 AM

Just love this wall hanging. Can't wait to see how you quilt it with all these great suggestions. For the background quilting, a light colored varigated thread with the same shades as the background fabric would be a real asset. You are so talented!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 AM

Very Pretty! BEE PROUD! :thumbup:
Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 AM

Very pretty top. I'm in the same boat as you - the quilting design is a major speed bump for me especially since I haven't done much FMQ other than "practice" blocks. I too can see some echo quilting fitting nicely on this piece. Good luck. Please show us your finished project!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by blue10moon9
Three words... Go for it!

When I started quilting my friends (actual quilters) laughed and told me I wasn't a quilter; I was a piecer. I would buy the most beautiful fabrics for a pattern and complete the top. But, I always chickened out when it came to quilt it and the new top joined an ever growing assortment of finished tops in storage bins. I couldn't bear the thought of ruining the pieced tops with my amateur quilting. I remained a piecer for many years.

Well, to my delight I actually pieced AND finished a quilt AND was pleasantly surprised with the results. I had bought a fabric with a large printed design for the backing that complimented the pieced top and free motioned around the flowers. I wish I could remember who to give credit to for the idea! But I believe it was a guest on Simply Quilts.

Once I got my feet wet and began taking classes and experimenting with different quilting techniques; I pull out finished tops from the storage bins to quilt and can't remember what the fuss was all about or what I was waiting for. My skills continue to improve with every top that I finish. My goal is to have one of my quilts on display in a quilt show and win a ribbon - While I'm still alive!

Quilt on Friend!
Thank you for the encouragement - that is a gorgeous quilt and I love the "back to front" quilting. I bought a book on that technique and even bought some backing fabrics, just haven't done anything with it yet, LOL. that label is really cute too ! Great job.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by dusty222
Just love this wall hanging. Can't wait to see how you quilt it with all these great suggestions. For the background quilting, a light colored varigated thread with the same shades as the background fabric would be a real asset. You are so talented!
Thank you Mom - I had a great teacher !
Old 08-18-2010, 06:21 PM

That is a beautiful quilt!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and complements and all of the wonderful suggestions - now I have to decide which ones to use for this wallhanging. I have printed out color copies and I'm drawing possible designs on them to see what I like. I will post my finished product. The pattern was bought at Southwind Designs - www.southwindquilts.com and I also mentioned a book I had using the same technique in a previous post.

I will take a look at some of the other tutorials and see how I would go about posting a tutorial for this techniqe - might be fun to do.