Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm guessing Billy and Charlee have been really busy with other life issues. They seem to be pretty scarce lately. I know Billy had to take Lola back to the doctor. I hope she is still doing well. Can't wait to hear from you guys. You're going to have a bunch of reading to catch up on, LOL.
Yes it has been kind of quiet around here. I too hope Lola is ok :D

So how is everyone doing today? Been looking at CL and Ebay for my little elusive FW. The guy in Marylard relisted his white FW for $100. I keep begging him to ship but he won't. Guess it is not the machine for me....I am holding out on Doug wanted to get rid of one of his babies :roll:
Jackie, still trying to figure out which one I want to part with. They become like children. Sounds funny, but... true! As for CL and eBay, just be sure to ask a lot of questions and if they don't seem sure or honest, don't do it.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:26 AM

Glad to see a guy who quilts, and loves older machines. If you haven't found it yet, I have a .pdf of the Singer 127-128 manual, which should be helpful for your model 28. I have a model 27, and use the 127-128 manual. I can send you the pdf if you still need it. Just pm me your contact details.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jlm5419
Glad to see a guy who quilts, and loves older machines. If you haven't found it yet, I have a .pdf of the Singer 127-128 manual, which should be helpful for your model 28. I have a model 27, and use the 127-128 manual. I can send you the pdf if you still need it. Just pm me your contact details.
Thanks, but I'm already covered. Someone already sent me the one for the 27 & 28. I'm guessing it's different than the 127 & 128. Do you want a copy of mine? It's specifically for the 27 & 28. PM me info.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm guessing Billy and Charlee have been really busy with other life issues. They seem to be pretty scarce lately. I know Billy had to take Lola back to the doctor. I hope she is still doing well. Can't wait to hear from you guys. You're going to have a bunch of reading to catch up on, LOL.
Yes it has been kind of quiet around here. I too hope Lola is ok :D

So how is everyone doing today? Been looking at CL and Ebay for my little elusive FW. The guy in Marylard relisted his white FW for $100. I keep begging him to ship but he won't. Guess it is not the machine for me....I am holding out on Doug wanted to get rid of one of his babies :roll:
Maybe you can ask some one on this board in MD to buy it and ship it for a small fee?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:23 PM

I am getting a little leary of this guy. He is sounding kind of flaky. And you know the old say "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". :-) The right machine will come along. I just have to have patience.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM

Someone on this forum was looking for a FW case insert and for the life of me I can't seem to find the post. Anyway, I just came across this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-FEATHERWE...#ht_500wt_1154
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by kathome
Someone on this forum was looking for a FW case insert and for the life of me I can't seem to find the post. Anyway, I just came across this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-FEATHERWE...#ht_500wt_1154
Yes, I'm looking for one, but I think that price may be a bit high. I will keep looking, but thanks for letting me know.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:31 PM

hey found a cool looking machine at goodwill. I love the shape of the machine. To me the curve is very interesting. Take a look:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6622360
It's a National model "Rex" or Reversew.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Hello you all! I know I have a Singer 127, 27, 99k, 9W, a FW, and a Model 15 as you guys have all graciously told me which machine model I have.

My question, "How can I tell which model the machines are?"
Is there something, somewhere on the machines that have the model type?

Just curious as I am loving learning and being educated on these vintage machines. My DH says I am possessed! You know, what makes it really fun finding these old machines is having this quorum to brag to about my finds!

But the problem with this quorum is, all the neat pictures you guys post just make me want more machines!

Nancy
Old 08-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
hey found a cool looking machine at goodwill. I love the shape of the machine. To me the curve is very interesting. Take a look:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6622360
It's a National model "Rex" or Reversew.
Great find!!!