Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row  Robin - Signup Closed >

Row Robin - Signup Closed

Row Robin - Signup Closed

Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by lilinmichigan
I'M SO CONFUSED ! am i behind? i am only on row 4 which is september? how did you get to row 5? please tell me i'm not losing it completely :lol: thanks, lil
Nope, you're right on time. Row 1 was to be mailed on June 10th, Row 2 on July 10th, Row 3 on August 10 and Row 4 is not due until September 10th. I'm not sure how some people are sending out Row 4's already but it'll work out in the end (I hope! :roll: )
Sorry if posting my photos confused anyone. I received Ripped on Scotch's RR from Grammakitten and was thrilled that I had aqua and aqua/brown fabric in my stash that matched so well. Then when I read that the row was to be Square in a Square and the embroidery Wreath template I had fit exactly in the center, I just couldn't stop myself from paper piecing and embroidering the ten blocks. Then, I was so very pleased with the results that I had to share with my sister quilters. I'll try to contain my enthusiasm with future rows....but I can't promise!!
Belles
Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Belles
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by lilinmichigan
I'M SO CONFUSED ! am i behind? i am only on row 4 which is september? how did you get to row 5? please tell me i'm not losing it completely :lol: thanks, lil
Nope, you're right on time. Row 1 was to be mailed on June 10th, Row 2 on July 10th, Row 3 on August 10 and Row 4 is not due until September 10th. I'm not sure how some people are sending out Row 4's already but it'll work out in the end (I hope! :roll: )
Sorry if posting my photos confused anyone. I received Ripped on Scotch's RR from Grammakitten and was thrilled that I had aqua and aqua/brown fabric in my stash that matched so well. Then when I read that the row was to be Square in a Square and the embroidery Wreath template I had fit exactly in the center, I just couldn't stop myself from paper piecing and embroidering the ten blocks. Then, I was so very pleased with the results that I had to share with my sister quilters. I'll try to contain my enthusiasm with future rows....but I can't promise!!
Belles
Oh please don't stop posting pics! Your rows always look so nice and they give me inspiration. I believe the problem lays on my door step. I waited so long for Kerri to send me her row, then we realized that that wasn't happening so I rushed to do a row for her (the Linus quilt) and I think I sent it too soon. Then you and Gramakitten are such prolific quilters made short work of your rows and sent them along! I think we kind of got ahead of the game. If everyone just counts the rows they have then add the next row it shouldn't be a problem--I hope :oops:
Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 PM

Virtual bernie is right, just count the rows and do what ever row you need to do, some of us are in several swaps on this board so we need to get one done so we can stay straight on sending them all out ,If your fast and send them or on time and send them ,all that really matters is you finish your row and send it.I know I am in 3 swaps so I have to keep going back to each of their 1st. page to keep them all on schedule.Watch out lilinmichigan,you are new here, this place is addicting.I use to just lurk in the background and read all the info and tips,then I jumped in feet first ,wow do I LOVE this site
Old 08-18-2010, 07:03 PM

hi to belles and materialgrl (and everyone else), this is fun and addicting. i like the ideas and the pictures :D i am already planning the next rows.......thanks for the inspiration. lil
Old 08-19-2010, 01:49 AM

Belles no need to say your sorry. We were just making sure that we were still on track that's all. And I agree you are doing such beautiful work!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:40 AM

Belles, you can send the rows when ever you want, I like to get them so I can finish before they are due. Michelle, I can hold rows for you until the right month if you want.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 AM

i agree this does keep us all on track. sending when done keeps you a little bit ahead. doesn't hurt anybody. it's like christmas morning when you're a kid. can't wait to see what "santa brings". as long as we are all happy :D :D :!: i am going to try to do the same. lil
Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by shaysmema
Belles, you can send the rows when ever you want, I like to get them so I can finish before they are due. Michelle, I can hold rows for you until the right month if you want.
OK Shaysmema, the RR for Ripped on Scotch was mailed Thursday, 8-19. BTW, Ripped on Scotch included a label for all to sign. I ironed freezer paper to the back so it's easier for everyone to sign. Remember when you sign, make sure you iron the front of the label so the ink sets and doesn't disappear when it's washed. I know I said this before but - I LOVE THIS SWAP! Belles
Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 PM

I got Mish's quilt in the mail today from Patty. What a nice job she did on the log cabin blocks. My machine is in the shop so will be a few days before I can work on it, but it's going to be a beautiful quilt.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I got Mish's quilt in the mail today from Patty. What a nice job she did on the log cabin blocks. My machine is in the shop so will be a few days before I can work on it, but it's going to be a beautiful quilt.
YAY...This is so much fun. And Shaysmeme, you can send the next group if you want that's fine. I need to get started on the one I have.