Project Runway day

Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 AM

Love this show! I thought I might wantto go back to making dresses but luckily I came to my senses. The designers are all creative & I never pick the winner either. Does give me inspiration to sew. Sometimes I'm ever sitting at my sewing machine & watching. Don't get much accomplished that time period. Somewhat miss the models show afterwards.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:20 AM

It would be fun to come up with some kind of crazy challenge here on the board with quilting instead of garment sewing, then have a "runway show" of our own. Not sure what the rules would be, but it could be fun.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:14 AM

Wouldn't you love one of those dress forms that was YOU body's duplicate??
Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 AM

I would watch that show for Tim Gunn alone. I see him on Late Late with Craig Ferguson sometimes. He has a great sense of humor and seems to be a truly kind person. How rare is that. Of course I love to see the outrageous fashions that only a "city gal" would wear. Just watching them walk in those silly girl shoes puts a smile on my face. Me I am strictly a blue jeans and t-shirt fashionista, so watching them strut in the stuff is like watching people from another planet. Still I love watching their creative process and how do they sew up all those complex dresses in only two days. I can take up to a week just to sew a simple shirt. It is a great lift to my week and is the only reality show other than Sewing with Nancy that I will watch.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Love the show - sometimes it is a little far-out - the HATS?? Give me a break!! I liked Anthony the last season - I wonder what he is doing now.
I'm betting Anthony is going to show up somewhere on t.v.
He had a fun and sincere personality. He was one of my favorites.
His show could be called "Getting it Real, but Not Always Right."
I do miss him.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 AM

I liked just about all his designs when he was on - but they kept saying to "push the envelope" - 'guess the show isn't at all about designing for "real women" - but Anthony always did!

Originally Posted by dellareya
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Love the show - sometimes it is a little far-out - the HATS?? Give me a break!! I liked Anthony the last season - I wonder what he is doing now.
I'm betting Anthony is going to show up somewhere on t.v.
He had a fun and sincere personality. He was one of my favorites.
His show could be called "Getting it Real, but Not Always Right."
I do miss him.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I love watching it! I like to see all the design ideas they come up with!! I have watched it since season 1. The crazier it is the funnier it is!! I didn't think I liked Santiago's style but it grew on me over time. He has his own show on now with Austin. they go on the road and design a gown for the client. One client was a bareback rider who had not worn a dress in years. They put the dress together with whatever they can find in that location. I have seen a couple of them and they were fun to watch.
Really??? I loved him!!!(Andre; where's Andre??) What channel is it on? I have watched this show since the beginning too. This looks like a great season. Gretchen is awesome but may need a reality check. Cracked me up to see her giving advice after 2 wins.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:14 AM

I laughed so hard at some of the hats from last week. I never miss the show. Have a reminder on my phone.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 AM

I also love project Runway but we are seasons behind, so I hope they will start soon again here. And isn't Tim Gun a adorable man? I think he is a sweetie."Carry on" :)

I also love Hells Kitchen, but sometimes I don't like the way Gordon Ramsay act. In my opinion to rude.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Peggerly
It would be fun to come up with some kind of crazy challenge here on the board with quilting instead of garment sewing, then have a "runway show" of our own. Not sure what the rules would be, but it could be fun.
that would be fun, for my guild (only 8 of us) i cut fabrics into fq and put into 2 different piles, everyone had to pick one from each pile and make something, they could add up to 3 fabrics of theres, had to use at least 1/2 of each original piece. Lots of nice stuff was made.