Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
clothing catalog in my quilting magazine >

clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

Old 08-21-2010, 10:24 AM

I didn't renew either. I got tired of seeing their quilts/patterns and the only way you could get them was in a very expensive kit. I like some of their panels but I want to do the rest for myself !! Besides, any of the kits I looked at further were out of stock.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JANW
Just got the new Fons and Porter mag and inside it had a clothing catalog. When I removed it it made the magazine, I bought and paid for, structurally comprimised. I also wonder do they now have my personal information. Does this matter to anyone else?
Yes! It matters to me. I don't want anything in my quilting magazine but quilting. That's what I'm paying for. If I want clothing catalogs I'll go online and ask for them. What happened to you happened to me too, and I'm not at all pleased. Come on Fons and Porter, stop junking up your magazines with catalogs, especially ones that have nothing whatsoever with quilting.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:25 AM

I really oppose the clothing in my quilting book and I may not renew either.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:36 AM

I think I paid $30 for two years-just recently. When I finish the magazine I put them in a flat rate mailer and when it's full I send it to my sister in Alaska. So for me it's worth it. But I did quit my APQ because it seemed like too many complicated patterns. I want to subscribe to McCalls quick quilts.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 AM

I am also not subscribing to the quilting magazines that I have previously subscribed to. Too much money for so little and I am very disappointed in F and P. I miss Liz on the fons and porter tv show, too.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:06 PM

Just to let everyone know, Fons and Porter sold their business and have no control in how it is promoted anymore. That is the only bad thing when you sell your name, someone (who you have no control over) can do whatever they want with it. Liz will also not be appearing on the TV show for the future. They were 2 women very much responsible for the comeback that quilting has enjoyed.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:16 PM

I'm not renewing my subscription.... :!:
Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

I let all of my subscriptions expire because I want to save the money and after a while, I get too much duplication between mags. Got a call from Quilter's Newsletter with a "FABULOUS OFFER ..and how could I possibly decline?" I told the caller that I did not renew because I did not like the change in the magazine's format.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:25 PM

I stopped getting Mag several years ago. It seemed as If I had just paid for the year and I was already getting bill to renew. The magazine comes months before the months the mag is for. Now I just buy the one I want when I see it has something in it I like.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:01 PM

I think it has all be said, but count me in as a non-renewer. There has not been a fresh idea in that magazine for several years. The one thing I like of their products is the glass head pins. They are really sharp.