Hi from Texas

Old 07-31-2008, 12:34 PM

Hi Gloria! Welcome aboard! I'm in east Texas bout 30 min south of Tyler. Glad you joined, you'll like it here!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM

Hi Gloria and welcome from another "Texan".

Judith
Old 07-31-2008, 01:20 PM

Welcome from Louisiana!

Cindy
Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 PM

welcome from MN! I am a bit "adhd" when it comes to my likes regarding patterns and fabrics - I like just about everything!! Enjoy your visits to the Board and stay a while!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:12 PM

Welcome! Love your avatar. Is there a story behind it?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 PM

We came nearly two weeks ago. Husband had 2 doc appointments this week and he does polygraph tests for a lawyer here, so he has been busy this week. We came a week earlier because of the death of a old friend, husband was pall bearer. When we lived here, we never missed a Lady Raider game -- it was our passion and we have really missed seeing the games. Usually we get to see a couple here and go to Waco when they play there. I am hoping they have a good season this year. Three things I miss about Lubbock.... Lady Raiders, United Super Markets, and the good fabric/sewing stores. Those things are not replacable in East Texas ! The Bernina store is super, and Rachel's is really good too. I don't get as much sewing done as I would like, we stay on the road too much, but I travel with a featherweight and some projects, so get a little done. We will be here til Sat, then going west to NM, mountains. take care......
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
bj

PM me the next time you're in town...we'll meet for lunch. When we first moved here, there were 3 or 4 little quilt shops. Rachel's is the only one left in town, although there are others around in the smaller towns. Slaton is supposed to have a really good one, but haven't ventured over yet. My husband just told me Hancock's is moving to a bigger location right on the south loop (very close to me) by the Mardel's store, I think. Used to be an Oshman's. The only time I was in Hancock's, they were stuffed so much I couldn't really see anything. I can't wait for them to open out here. Of course, after living in Houston for so many years and negotiating their traffic, anything in Lubbock seems pretty close :) You can be across town in 15 minutes. Were they doing all the building on and around the campus when you were here? We have season football, basketball (mens and womens), and baseball. I told dh if started looking in tennis or golf, just buy one ticket! My husband and son are at the fantasy camp for the men for football tonite and tomorrow. Got a text from my son saying it was awesome. I went to the football and Lady Raider camps last year, but decided not to this year (I'm watching the grandson during the football stuff). Well, travel safely and have fun in the mts.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Welcome! Love your avatar. Is there a story behind it?
Just a picture that apeals to me. I collect pictures of women with hats, any kind, the bigger and more unique the better. I also collect pictures of wedding couples. We like going to flea markets, (live near Canton) and estate sales, but don't want to acquire any dust catchers, or useless junk. I started collecting unusal pictures. They don't require any space or upkeep, a perfect hobby !!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 PM

[quote=bj]PM me the next time you're in town...we'll meet for lunch.

Will do. Sounds like you live in our old neighborhood. Having fabric that close would be nice. Hancocks is so junky, I was in there a few days ago, JoAnn's is worse !
Old 07-31-2008, 07:51 PM

Hello from Bebe in San Antonio, Texas.
Ever come here to visit????