Oh no!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
Oh wow. If the quilt meant so little to him, that's fine. To each his own, I always say. But to just throw it away? It would have been better to offer it to a passer by or leave it with a note that said "Free." Although someone might have mistaken it for a bomb. LOL

That reminds me of something I heard a while back about how untrusting we are of strangers. These college students tried to trade people a $5 bill for a $1 bill. Most people said no. They couldn't believe there wasn't some catch. What would you have done???
I'm afraid I would have thought they would wanted to trade me for a conterfeit $5!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:50 AM

I seen that on TV too. I was thinking...Why couldn't he carry it on??
Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 PM

I saw it too and I was yelling at him. Jean Louisiana
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jude
Did anyone else see yesterday's news piece regarding people balking at additional charges for checking baggage on airlines?
So, here's this MAN outisde an airline terminal (AA I think, but don't know what city) throwing away items from his suitcase in order to hone it all down to "carry-on" status. When I saw the quilt go into the trash bin I almost jumped thru the TV screen. It looked new, I saw pink among multi-colored squares which were tied in their middles. OK, so maybe not "quilted", but pieced, and someone had done a lot of work! Probably more than one person in need of anger management by now; wonder if the dude is still alive! Maybe we need to go dumpster diving in front of airline terminals these days, gals and guys.
I saw that on tv too...wondered why he had packed a quilt! You gotta hope he had second thoughts (after the cameras left) and went back for it.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:06 PM

I seen that report and was furious. I asked mt DH,'Did you see that" How could he throw that cute quilt away. I bet it was for a little girl. If I were his wife and seen that I would gone off on him!!! Just wrong!!!!Marlene
Old 08-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I think it is the principle of the matter. Airlines have cut out every single thing that used to be standard, and have not lowered their prices. I think it is rediculous that they charge for checked baggage. JMO... Then again, I refuse to fly for most of these reasons.

Sometimes people are flying for emergency reasons and it's all they can do to scrap up airfare, much less any extra charges.
And people wonder why I drove from Washington state to Florida to see my daughter! It wouldn't have anything to do with the 2 crates of material and sewing machine that had to come with me!!! :wink:
Old 08-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Oh my this is when tempers get the better of grown people.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jude
Did anyone else see yesterday's news piece regarding people balking at additional charges for checking baggage on airlines?
So, here's this MAN outisde an airline terminal (AA I think, but don't know what city) throwing away items from his suitcase in order to hone it all down to "carry-on" status. When I saw the quilt go into the trash bin I almost jumped thru the TV screen. It looked new, I saw pink among multi-colored squares which were tied in their middles. OK, so maybe not "quilted", but pieced, and someone had done a lot of work! Probably more than one person in need of anger management by now; wonder if the dude is still alive! Maybe we need to go dumpster diving in front of airline terminals these days, gals and guys.
I saw that also and had the same reaction you did
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Dee

Throwing a quilt away - makes one want to cry.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:03 PM

I've only flown once, and that was about 28 yrs ago. I couldn't afford to do it now. I hope someone did grab that quilt. Hopefully his wife didn't make it as a gift for someone and he just dumped it! I'd kill him! lol