Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
For anyone who might be interested in a Singer - mother of pearl - sewing machine here is one still available in Columbia, SC. It looks like it would clean up rather nicely. I just wished I lived closer.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/atq/1865854107.html

BTW Trish, I love your new fiddlebase and I think I have a copy of the model 12 manual that I could send you.

Judy
That looks like a pretty nice one for the price. But I'm not the expert. Don't know where that is.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM

I have just been given a machine (Singer) with the #AR880961 , would someone plese give me the dated it was born, and how many made and where?
Thanks,
Marge
Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Anna, you are the reason I bought this one. After seeing yours and how pretty it turned out I just had to have one. Hope when we get finished with Billy's tut. It will look as nice as yours and his. This thread sure can get a person in trouble. Glad Hubby likes these machines as much as I. He bought 3 over the weekend but haven't gotten pictures yet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Your machine looks very nice already and the extra little feet are awesome. I think the decals will show up very pretty with some gentle cleaning. Can't wait to see the after pictures and the other machines you all bought. Enjoy!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by marge
I have just been given a machine (Singer) with the #AR880961 , would someone plese give me the dated it was born, and how many made and where?
Thanks,
Marge
Looks like it's a 646 from Oct 1968. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:04 AM

For anyone who might be interested in a Singer - mother of pearl - sewing machine here is one still available in Columbia, SC. It looks like it would clean up rather nicely. I just wished I lived closer.

BTW Kat Fish, I love your new fiddlebase and I think I have a copy of the model 12 manual that I could send you.

Judy

Seems like a good price to me, and will be sooo pretty cleaned up!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 AM

Kat Fish, that is the EXACT cabinet I have, it finished up beautifully! I shudder to think that the machine that came with it is gone. DH got rid of it years ago, b4 I started on this site and found out what a treasure i had!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Banned

BTW Kat Fish, I love your new fiddlebase and I think I have a copy of the model 12 manual that I could send you.

Judy
That is a give away price for one!! I wish I had the serial number off of it!! the NB is trying to build a data base for the MOP 12's

Billy
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM

Billy,
I have the lady's phone number for the MOP. I'll see if I can get it for you.
Judy
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Wow Trish You done good! All the Red Eye model 66 machines near me, the sellers want well over $100 for a rusted hulk.
You got a set of attachments too.
Sharon W.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Well, this came to live at my house today. Found her on Ebay and she arrived in good shape. Did some very minor clean up and she is good as new. The only problems I have found is the handle is missing on the case and the belt is slipping. Nothing major. I didn't think I would ever own a little beauty like this.

Her Serial number is EV955299. When I looked it up, it says that number should be a 328K. I have read the charts wrong before, so can someone check it. Am I looking at the wrong one?

Also any suggestions on Names? I have never named a machine before, but I think this beauty needs one. :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-104736.jpe
Views:	181
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	104741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-104737.jpe
Views:	177
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	104742