Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM

That is pretty fabric Bonni :)
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM

I received my wonderful secret pal gift today from B. Johnson. In the package was a lovely purple fat quarter, a really clever handmade sewing caddy. This is great for me since I am out on disability right now I can't move around much to sew and this keeps everything right at my fingertips! She also gave me a selection of Aleen's glues which I will put to good use. Thank you for being such a great Secret Pal!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-107820.jpe
Views:	37
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	107825  
Old 08-30-2010, 04:23 PM

charmqueen15, i am your secret pal,i recieved your package on the same day my best friends husband passed away,your package was not opened till over the weekend.every thing in your package was great,i have no camera but i thank you for the littlepurse with all the goodies,tape measure,pencil,needles,pins,seam reper,and gauge,and pin cushion,i also like the material,all the great colors,i will so enjoy...i am sorry that i did not get back to you sooner,i know now how importent this is to everyone,so i will not be joining for next month....jan10
Old 08-30-2010, 04:33 PM

Well I just got as nice PM from the hostess saying she did not know what happend to my package but a replacement would be on it's way. As much as I appreciate this, I HATE to think that someone is spending double on me to cover someone elses's neglect.

i DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. i must be 'cursed' I have done lots of swaps on a scrapbooking board and quit doing them for the same reason! I spent time and money on people that never would return MY ss swap for me.

It'sad not only sad, but frustrating especailly in this day and time financially. On the other board we stasrted a "FLAKER" list. If your name or screen name awas on this 'list' you need not to join.

Maybe we should have that for this kind of swap. For those that flaked on others shoud not be allowed to swap out with the group. B/c they will continue to get nice things at others expenses.

I'd atleast like to know what happened? A family emergency or just a flake?

I will play one more time but I'd like to request someone that has PROVEN Swapping experience on this board. Can that be arranged?

Thanks for letting me vent, I'ts jsut SO FRSTRATING!!!!!!

LaQuita
LaQuita
Old 08-30-2010, 04:56 PM

Kathy N. that is an awesome little wooden carrier!! very cool :)
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I received my wonderful secret pal gift today from B. Johnson. In the package was a lovely purple fat quarter, a really clever handmade sewing caddy. This is great for me since I am out on disability right now I can't move around much to sew and this keeps everything right at my fingertips! She also gave me a selection of Aleen's glues which I will put to good use. Thank you for being such a great Secret Pal!!!

I am glad you liked what I sent. Someone gave me a similar sewing caddy and I loved it so much I decided to make some for my quilting friends so I thought this would be a fun thing to send to Secret Pals. I haven't used any of the glues but saw them at JoAnns the other day and picked up a pack for me too.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Well I just got as nice PM from the hostess saying she did not know what happend to my package but a replacement would be on it's way. As much as I appreciate this, I HATE to think that someone is spending double on me to cover someone elses's neglect.

i DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. i must be 'cursed' I have done lots of swaps on a scrapbooking board and quit doing them for the same reason! I spent time and money on people that never would return MY ss swap for me.

It'sad not only sad, but frustrating especailly in this day and time financially. On the other board we stasrted a "FLAKER" list. If your name or screen name awas on this 'list' you need not to join.

Maybe we should have that for this kind of swap. For those that flaked on others shoud not be allowed to swap out with the group. B/c they will continue to get nice things at others expenses.

I'd atleast like to know what happened? A family emergency or just a flake?

I will play one more time but I'd like to request someone that has PROVEN Swapping experience on this board. Can that be arranged?

Thanks for letting me vent, I'ts jsut SO FRSTRATING!!!!!!

LaQuita
LaQuita
This is my 2nd months swap, and if the host is telling you your getting a replacement, be happy. Not all boards do that, and I think Emily deserves a kudos for doing this month after month and keeping it running smoothly. I hope you get an awesome Secret pal gift.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Remember buddies, Emily's birthday is next month!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 PM

I received my goodies today. I will try and post a picture later. I now have a fat quarter book of patterns, pen, pencil, thread cutter and xacto knife.

Thank you Carmen
Old 08-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

REALLY!