Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Whoops forgot to sign up, oh well I will continue to enjoy and benefit from all the tips!
Me too :oops: I will continue to follow you all and use your inspiration to get motivated. Is it too early to sign-up for October LOL :lol: Good Luck everyone!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Babareeba: Go ahead and sign up. It is only day 2.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Ok, weighed myself this morning 212 and off we go. Don't ya know my guys at work are taking me out for dinner tomorrow night. LOL Perfect timing guys.

Here's my tip for the day if anyone wants it. Replace pasta with whole wheat. Or, better yet, spagetti squash! Buy a small-medium squash. Jab several times with a sharp knife (good stress reducer) place in the microwave, set the temp on high and micro for 9 minutes for small and 12 minutes for medium. Be careful when removing - very hot! Set aside until cooled down. Cut in half and using a fork, scrape the sqash into a bowl. You can freeze it too. Use in place of pasta (but you can have more)

Another great "topping" crumpled feta cheese (about 3 Tblsp) and a few greek olives chopped. Put a bit of butter substitute (whatever you use) on 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups squash. Heat in Microwave. Top/mix in the feta cheese and olives. The cheese will melt a bit. Yummy. If you have to watch you salts - this is not for you. Otherwise, eat with two large glasses of water with lemon wedge. :)
Old 09-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Forgot to post weight yesterday, sorry! 175#
Old 09-02-2010, 01:29 PM

Today is the day before my 10 vacation. Well, stay-cation actually but I won't be working. As a good-bye to my daycare kids I let their parents bring treats from home. I asked for healthy treats and they brought popcorn, sodas, cupcakes, cookies, and gummies worms. :hunf: There was no way I could resist the cupcakes! :oops: lol Oh well, one day off the wagon won't hurt me. Back to healthful eating tomorrow. :D
Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 PM

I weighed in at 168 yesterday which is about fifteen pounds more than the day I waddled into the labor room almost 51 years ago with DD, who only wieghed 6 lb 13 oz. I'd be very happy to be back to that pregnancy peak. I'm back at Weight Watchers and have been eating very healthy most of the time but you can have too much of a good thing. Gotta weigh and measure.

RE: spagetti squash idea was just given to me yesterday by a total stranger at the produce area of the grocery store. She serves it with regular spaghetti sauce and her family thinks it's a big treat. It's on the menu tonight with good old Bernoli sauce. I've been using brown rice and whole wheat cereals, pastas and breads for a number of years and find it much tastier than the bland white stuff. Be sure to measure it raw before you cook it and follow the directions for "one helping" on the package. That's where I weaken.

I have a spaniel with an insatiable taste for hiking here in the mountains so I get a lot of time in with that.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM

I'm in too
Old 09-02-2010, 03:33 PM

I have been working with a personal trainer for a while and I eat 5x a day. Protein and healthy carb at every meal. It keeps me full all day and slowly losing weight. I just fall off the wagon when I don't plan well with grocery shopping or meal prep or go too long between meals. I am going to really work on the planning! I am starting to meal plan today. Next week I will do better than this week.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:39 PM

HI all, Well I weighed in at 156 yesterday been stuck there all of last month so here goes for better results this month Good luck to all and keep the tips coming there great.
Gail
Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
I weighed in at 168 yesterday which is about fifteen pounds more than the day I waddled into the labor room almost 51 years ago with DD, who only wieghed 6 lb 13 oz. I'd be very happy to be back to that pregnancy peak. I'm back at Weight Watchers and have been eating very healthy most of the time but you can have too much of a good thing. Gotta weigh and measure.

RE: spagetti squash idea was just given to me yesterday by a total stranger at the produce area of the grocery store. She serves it with regular spaghetti sauce and her family thinks it's a big treat. It's on the menu tonight with good old Bernoli sauce. I've been using brown rice and whole wheat cereals, pastas and breads for a number of years and find it much tastier than the bland white stuff. Be sure to measure it raw before you cook it and follow the directions for "one helping" on the package. That's where I weaken.

I have a spaniel with an insatiable taste for hiking here in the mountains so I get a lot of time in with that.
Let us know how it tastes. I my opinion anything with feta cheese and greek olives is a winner