Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New doggie-gal on the way home NOW! >

New doggie-gal on the way home NOW!

New doggie-gal on the way home NOW!

Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Guys just do not process heart-ache same as ladies. It is just too soon for me.
------------------------------------------
I know that. My big, strong and tough late husband was a real
pillar of marshmallow where our kids and critters were concerned.
And when came time to have one of them (the critters) go to the Rainbow Bridge, he suddenly discovered he had to go somewhere or other right then. I had to do that last car ride with them.Then he greeted new ones with barely hidden joy, and was soon on the phone telling family about the new member!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

I'm so sorry about your dog. We do miss them. Congrats on your new dog.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Well, after a long evening of exploring her new house, yard, neighborhood, and new schnauzer friends two houses down the block she finally settled in for the night. Tired out little girl! Tried gating her in the water and food bowl area...unsuccessfully. She starting getting yippy...and my DH had gone to bed late anyway, visiting with her. He gets up at 4:30am so the gates got moved and she's in the office on her new bed by my feet. It is SO, SO good to have her here! We named her Yaffa, which is a hebrew word meaning beautiful/pretty. You know, the Jaffa Gate(?), but there is NO "j" in hebrew...really yaffa... As if anyone cares. Well, she IS pretty/beautiful...so it just kinda fit! ; - D
Old 09-03-2010, 10:30 AM

The best little dog I had was male Schnauzer, who passed on in his sleep 5 yrs. ago...replaced him with my little black pug.....will always love and miss him.

sorry for your loss...enjoy and spoil the new puppy...
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 AM

Pictures?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:42 PM

We just lost our Harlee on Aug. 23 so I feel your pain. And also your joy in a new furkin. Let us know what her name is and a picture too.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
When my dear Shadow went on to her reward I didn't plan to get another dog for a while. The while lasted about two weeks. I couldn't stand to come home to this empty house. It was like living in a mausoleum. I planned to look for a rescue that didn't need housebreaking etc. When I notified my late DH's hunting pals all of whom knew Shadow well from many a pheasant hunt, and the breeder from whom we got her. Not being a hunter myself I hadn't intended to get another Springer necessarily. Two hours after I sent the email to the breeder he responded that he had a favorite brood bitch who'd almost died of a virulent uterine infection and she had to be spayed. She'd almost died and he must have spent a fortune saving her. She is fully field trained which doesn't matter to me but she comes when called and never runs out of sight when off lead. She was a gift from the trainer because he said she'd earned a loving home. She is wonderful and I love her dearly. She also keeps me moving big time. I'm 73 and she is 3!

Cimarron Cowgirl, another furry friend is just the thing to ease the grief. I've grieved over a lot of dogs and still do but Kit has my love too and she brings joy to the former mausoleum.
I hear you! It was SO lonely around here all day without all the continual care Missy required. This little thing is so easy to work with...and just 13.5 lb per vet scale today. Just arrived back home. Now it's official: YAFFAH IS OURS! Proud new parents get to do that, don't cha know...LOL! It was a lonely ten days...but Joe and you were right...she has brought us back to life and we're smiling again! THANKS EVERYONE for your notes. You are the KINDEST folks...even MORE sunshine for my heart. Bless you! :-)
Old 09-03-2010, 01:10 PM

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...lessiq6rg6.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Sorry for your loss. It's so tough to lose a pet. :(
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear about Missy's passing. I feel your pain.
We lost our Dixie in April at 16, she was very ill. We still miss her so much.
We weren't planning on another dog either as we already have
3 others. In June a very sweet Golden Retriever found my DD and she asked if we could keep her. Someone dumped her and poor Miss Molly was so emaciated that we weren't sure if she'd survive. She has gained about 30# and is happy with us.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-110148.jpe
Views:	57
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	110153