Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Laughed, but could have cried >

Laughed, but could have cried

Laughed, but could have cried

Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by kim_s
Carol, you look stunning in your pic. Not even close to a great-gran.

Great soccer story! My daughter is 17 and is a senior in HS but I sure remember all those soccer games. I think I remember falling out of those ridiculous chairs a time or two as well.

Take care and God Bless!
I wasn't fishing for compliments, but thank you, thank you!!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 AM

When I was in my teens I liked that people thought I was much older, gee, that soon changed as soon as I had kids, LOL!.
May in Jersey
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM

I used to modestly tell people that West Virginian hillbillies
married young. VERY young. And that when my first husband
died his will didn't give me control of his estate till I was 15!!

Tell this with a straight face and watch them squirm! Hehehe
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Originally Posted by eightylady
Carol, don't feel bad...you could have married really young. I have 4 great-grandchildren and I don't have that excuse. :oops:
I did!! First child at 16.
Me too , first grandchild at 33, first great grandchild at 56.
I think I would have said, no I'm thier Mother! Then watched the look on her face! I'm bad...... :lol:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Carol, don't feel bad...you could have married really young. I have 4 great-grandchildren and I don't have that excuse. :oops:
I think I would have said, no I'm thier Mother! Then watched the look on her face! I'm bad...... :lol:
LOL I like that comeback, but I never think of those things fast enough. I had a neighbor who was a great grandma at like 47!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I had my first at 16 too. Since I'm on the short side and the boys got tall for years people thought I was their big sister and would want to know where their mother was. I wasn't a gramma until 35 though. LOL
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 AM

LOL Ditter 43.......Clem u look great...love those grandkids.....see u r from lexington Ky..My SIL goes to UK there..My Daughter and him live across from the football stadium there....with My 4 Grandkids LOL.....u r as old as u feel...
Old 09-03-2010, 04:28 AM

My youngest daughter and I were at a store recently and someone ask us if we were sisters. At first I thought she was just being sarcastic (mean), then we realized she was serious! That chic really needs glasses!
Glad you had such a great day!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:36 AM

As old as I feel???? Well, from the neck up, that is about 25, from there down, about 90 at times.LOL I love being old, it gives me an excuse for not doing lots of things I should be doing, and people don't expect much from me. I use a cane, and people are so nice about letting me go ahead in line, give up their good seat, and handicap parking is wonderful!! What I hate is not being able to walk very long and dance anymore . I LOVED dancing!! Now my balance isn't too good, and if I fell on the dance floor, everyone would think "that old lady is drunk". LOL In the past, that "might"have been true! The walking problem really takes the fun away though. Don and I thought we would travel and enjoy sightseeing, but I feel so limited now. When everyone talks about the quilt shows and spending the day looking and shopping, I feel real envious. I know that it is something that is not going to happen for me. Even if I had a group to travel with, I would sure put a damper on the trip cause I couldn"t go all day and do all that walking. And I would hate spoiling the day for others. But, I have a good life and I get to see a lot of pretty quilts here when others send in pictures, and I really enjoy that. I am not someone who talks about my problems all the time, and I do what I know I can handle, and try not to burden anyone. And I don"t feel sorry for myself!!My ladst remaining sibling is 80 years old, and she can only be out of bed for 30 minutes at a time because of her pain, and she has had arthritis real bad for many years, had back surgery twice. In the past year she had bypass surgery, pneumonia, blood clots,and hip replacement and now is facing surgery on an aortal anyueism this month. And she is so bitter about her life. As much as we all love her, she isn't fun to be around, and I don"t want to ever be bitter about things and have people feel like that about me. And, I think people do enjoy being around me! Oh, I have to add this! For my birthday this year, my oldest grandson bought me a Jazzy chair! His friend worked at a Hospice and someone had donated this brand new chair( they resell), and he thought Grandma might have to have one someday , so he surprised me with it. I haven"T used it at all, but the little ones have a ball riding it! Wasn't that the sweetest thing for him to think about? Tomorrow he and I are going shopping for dining room furniture, for him. He will be moving into his own home in a few days, as soon as the closing date is set. I wanted to buy this for him to show him how much I love him( although he already knows that! )