Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-03-2010, 04:37 AM

Who won last month (August)? I need to know where to send my fat quarter (food related right?)

mardilee
Old 09-03-2010, 04:40 AM

Candlequilter won last month, she lost like 19 pounds!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Hi Abby I see your up and in my time zone if I had your # I would call we could chit chat while eating breakfast.

I guess I better get off of here and eat. I am having oatmeal with 1/2 jar baby food, pears/raspberry mixed in it.
Pm you lol
Old 09-03-2010, 04:54 AM

trupeach1 you should google stevia and see if it is in the rag weed family. that way you can know if you can use it.

Ladies, I want you all to look something up. This is important for all of those who are using pink or blue sugar pack alternatives. I just saw a doc on aspartame. it was really shocking!!!! I knew that it was not good for you but the info in this documentary it was scary what this stuff does to you. The doc is called Sweat Misery. But you should be able to find the info on the internet. Or if you want to order the documentary just go to http://www.documentarychannel.com/mo...Sweet%20Misery
there is another showing on sept. 29th. if you have direct TV or Dish see if you have the DOCUMENTARY channel. dish is 197 direct tv is 267. (this is the info on the docchannel website)
Let me just say that if you are having headaches or shaking and you use an alternative sweetener or drink diet soda please watch this!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:41 AM

Thanks, I will PM her immediately!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
You are all so darn funny. I sit here and laugh and DH comes in to find out why I'm laughing!!! LOL

We were 104 today---not like Rancho Mirage, thank the good Lord.
Love that area! even if it is 104+/-
Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 AM

I have the new wii fit and just do random things one there. I have back issues along with the heart problem so it is hard to get heart rate really up there for a major calorie burn. I do the stepping one a lot and that does give a good work out. and the boxing one just I did google wii workouts and there are some out there.never tried them. I also have DDR 3 and that give me a really good workout. I am looking at it that I am moving so it is doing some good. It has been a while since I have been able to do anything. The one that really is good and seems to do a balanced workout is The Sports active. I have both and there are built in challenges for 2 week/ and 6 week I think. 2 give you a warm up exercises and a cool down. There is supposed to be a new version of it coming out in Nov I think that will include a heart monitor. I am going to get it. (sorrry though I hit the reply in your post fryguymore) It's early...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Ok, weighed myself this morning 212 and off we go. Don't ya know my guys at work are taking me out for dinner tomorrow night. LOL Perfect timing guys.

Here's my tip for the day if anyone wants it. Replace pasta with whole wheat. Or, better yet, spagetti squash! Buy a small-medium squash. Jab several times with a sharp knife (good stress reducer) place in the microwave, set the temp on high and micro for 9 minutes for small and 12 minutes for medium. Be careful when removing - very hot! Set aside until cooled down. Cut in half and using a fork, scrape the sqash into a bowl. You can freeze it too. Use in place of pasta (but you can have more)

That sounds wonderful. going to have to try it this weekend.
Another great "topping" crumpled feta cheese (about 3 Tblsp) and a few greek olives chopped. Put a bit of butter substitute (whatever you use) on 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups squash. Heat in Microwave. Top/mix in the feta cheese and olives. The cheese will melt a bit. Yummy. If you have to watch you salts - this is not for you. Otherwise, eat with two large glasses of water with lemon wedge. :)
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I weighed today and I am at 245lb. My highest weight ever was 285, never want to be that again and I was heading that way a couple of months ago.
Thought I would share where I work out at. It is in my folks basement. I try to do 30 minutes to an hour 5 days a week.
Love your workout area and your work out partner :). Congrats on the weight you have lost so far.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by dgrindey
You are all so darn funny. I sit here and laugh and DH comes in to find out why I'm laughing!!! LOL

We were 104 today---not like Rancho Mirage, thank the good Lord.
Hey you weigh less then CAROLJ ohh wait read that wrong agian :lol:
I read it wrong too I was like who the heck is Rancho Mirage and why did they say "we were 104 today", I thought it was their birthday but then thought how could they both be 104 unless they were twins. And why were they on the weight loss thread trying to lose weight they are so old they should be dead!
Well, if you really want an explanation!!!! LOL We are both from "hot" California deserts. I'm old enough---by gees not 104!!! :)