Quilters from Iowa

Old 09-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Katrine
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Anyone close to us who would like to come I am hosting a Quilt Retreat at Bentonsport Sept 24 to 26. You don't have to pay to stay there you can come and join us during the day if you like! There are no fees just your meals. I thought we would probably go out to eat for supper on Sat otherwise I will probably have the owner of the B & B provide sandwiches for lunch. Haven't decide yet for Fri supper. I will do some demonstrations if anyone wants and just bring whatever you would like to work on.

I have 5 people so far and possibly one more. We have room for 12 all totalled. so we have room for 6 more.
Ooo wish I could get there Rhonda!
I wish you could too!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Would love to be part of the quilt retreat. Still trying to decide if I can make it work.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:03 PM

:lol: HAPPY TO BE FROM IOWA. I'M A TRANSPLANT FROM NEW JERSEY. MOVED TO WEST CENTRAL IOWA 47 YEARS AGO.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:05 PM

:lol: I take all my quilts to Stitches in Time in Perry, Iowa to be quilted by Marti. She does a beautiful job.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 PM

Deb from Kalona I have 2 quilt shops within walking distance from my house. Stitch-n-Sew and Willowcreek. If I come up missing DH knows where to find me. LOL
Old 09-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by uglydog
Deb from Kalona I have 2 quilt shops within walking distance from my house. Stitch-n-Sew and Willowcreek. If I come up missing DH knows where to find me. LOL
I spend alot of money at Stitch n Sew. It is one of my favorite shops. I sold my stuff to Yoder's antiques and gifts for 12 yrs until this year. She closed the store. I sold some stuff to Juanita at Willowcreek in April but haven't had time to make more for her. If I get around I need to find out if she still wants any more merchandise. I have bought alot from those two stores over the last 12 years. I taught my first class at Willow Creek.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:30 PM

Bennett's Grandma
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by katfisher
Hi, I'm from Garner, Ia
Lucky you or should I say unlucky wallet!! You've got Country Threads in your backyard! How do you resist the temptation? And you have several others close by.
ya Country Threads, but I don't go there much. I like all of the others around. I shop at the Quited Forest in Forest City the most or Seames To Me in Algona or a shop up in Mankato, MN where I have a son. They are open on Sunday afternoon. Just did a Shop Hop that tooke me from Algona to Osage and from Hayward, MN to Iowa Falls. Had a lot of FUN!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Hi, I'm from Garner, Ia
Lucky you or should I say unlucky wallet!! You've got Country Threads in your backyard! How do you resist the temptation? And you have several others close by.
ya Country Threads, but I don't go there much. I like all of the others around. I shop at the Quited Forest in Forest City the most or Seames To Me in Algona or a shop up in Mankato, MN where I have a son. They are open on Sunday afternoon. Just did a Shop Hop that tooke me from Algona to Osage and from Hayward, MN to Iowa Falls. Had a lot of FUN!!!
I've been to all those shops except the Mankato one--like them all!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Born and raised in Dubuque, lived most of my adult years in Des Moines, and now am just north of Des Moines.
Love it - except for the winters. There is no place as lush as this.