How many Iowegians?

Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
I'm from NE Iowa! Lived here all my life and still live only 30 miles from where I grew up! Wouldn't live anywhere else! Love the 4 seasons!
Welcome!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

I'm from NE Iowa! Lived here all my life and still live only 30 miles from where I grew up! Wouldn't live anywhere else! Love the 4 seasons!
Randa are those twins in your Avatar? Such cuties!!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
LOL! Nope...cousins...one from each of my youngest daughters! They are wrapped in a quilt I made for the one on the left. The other brought her quilt, also, but I think they were sitting on it! Those were the first two I made. I've finished number 6, have number 7 tied, ready for hemming or binding. Have material for #8 ready...just waiting for the design to hit!! LOL!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

LOL! Nope...cousins...one from each of my youngest daughters! They are wrapped in a quilt I made for the one on the left. The other brought her quilt, also, but I think they were sitting on it! Those were the first two I made. I've finished number 6, have number 7 tied, ready for hemming or binding. Have material for #8 ready...just waiting for the design to hit!! LOL!
they look so sweet sitting there!! They must be close in age. I have twin grandsons who are 6 almost 7 but two of my older grandsons who are cousins are only 4 mos apart so we have treated them like twins over the years. they are 12 and almost 12 now.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Although I've lived in Illinois for over 24 yrs, I was born and raised around Dyersville, IA. We still go back quite often as family is still in the area.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM

Muscatine Iowa here. Been here for 30 years. Raised in Brighton.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WalMartGranny
Muscatine Iowa here. Been here for 30 years. Raised in Brighton.
My Inlaws used to live in Sigourney and we are below Mt. Pleasant so we went through Brighton all the time to go to Sigourney nearly every weekend for 20 some years.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM

I also have relatives there! Dyersville that is
Old 09-07-2010, 04:59 PM

they look so sweet sitting there!! They must be close in age. I have twin grandsons who are 6 almost 7 but two of my older grandsons who are cousins are only 4 mos apart so we have treated them like twins over the years. they are 12 and almost 12 now.
They are exactly 5 months apart! They don't live close enough to visit regularly with each other, so any time I get the chance to get the two together I do it! I had them both for 4 days and nights...I'm too old for that!! LOL!!! They were pretty well behaved, tho.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

They are exactly 5 months apart! They don't live close enough to visit regularly with each other, so any time I get the chance to get the two together I do it! I had them both for 4 days and nights...I'm too old for that!! LOL!!! They were pretty well behaved, tho.
I've done that too with Jake and Joey. They lived too far apart when they were littler and now they are only 30 miles apart but due to busy lives don't see each other unless I have them here or at Christmas time when we all get together.