Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
I was looking through the Atlanta CL and noticed there are a lot more older machines for sale now a days. Guess people are realizing the desire for them. However, some are still priced a bit high. Here is one...
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/atq/1942350740.html
maybe that is a fair price, but not something I would pay!!!
Ridiculous price. I vote we all contact without teller seller we are "connected", and offer bids of $5 to $15!! It would at least be entertaining.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Miz Johnny - you are such a trouble maker. But these people seem to have no idea.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Ridiculous price. I vote we all contact without teller seller we are "connected", and offer bids of $5 to $15!! It would at least be entertaining.
LOL!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Miz Johnny - you are such a trouble maker. But these people seem to have no idea.
I would like to meet the person that is supposed to have appraised this machine.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:33 PM

What am I missing on this one? Altho never heard of the brand I seriously doubt the worth. Are we wrong on this Billy/Charlee?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:52 PM

Billy, is there any hope of finding a manual for the Pathfinder by Davis? Maybe Lisa knows since she has a Davis. I would like to tune this up so it will perform its best. Any suggestion? Glenn
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek

What am I missing on this one? Altho never heard of the brand I seriously doubt the worth. Are we wrong on this Billy/Charlee?
You're not really missing anything. People make outrageous claims on what a machine is "worth". The fact is, a machine is worth what someone else will pay for it--in this case, about 5 bucks. Every so often, a machine will go on Ebay for some major bucks because 2 people get in a bidding war. Then everyone thinks their Redeye is worth $1000. I have one treadle I have about $400 in, but that's because I bought a very rare VS II parlor cabinet from one dealer, and a beautiful VS II head from another, and I REALLY wanted it. It doesn't mean it's "worth" $400 (meaning I will get my money back out of it), it only means I happened to want it badly enough to pay that much.

As for the Modernage, it's a badged Japanese machine from the 40's or 50's. A nice enough machine, but anyone who thinks it's worth that much money doesn't know much about machines or antiques.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I think your right and I have not paid anything over $15 for a Japanese 15, and it was in a nice maple cabinet.

Billy
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenn
Billy, is there any hope of finding a manual for the Pathfinder by Davis? Maybe Lisa knows since she has a Davis. I would like to tune this up so it will perform its best. Any suggestion? Glenn
Well I do not have any thing on the machine but I can give you a link to look at that you can spend days and days on and never see the same thing twice.

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...-drilldown.cfm

But maybe the lovely Lisa will have a manual for a Davis.

Billy
Old 09-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
[
http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...-drilldown.cfm

But maybe the lovely Lisa will have a manual for a Davis.

Billy
Sorry gentlemen, but I don't have one for my Davis. If you find one, I would be interested in your source. I admit, I have not looked seriously for one yet.