Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt tops do you have? >

How many quilt tops do you have?

How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-10-2010, 04:29 PM

I have 5 large and 4 small and 1 youth ready to be quilted.
I have the Grace frame, just finished quilting a baby quilt and would like to quilt a couple more before the end of the month. I am having rotator cuff surgery and after that, no sewing,quilting, etc. for a while.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:51 PM

That is funny for I seem to have the same problem. If I stayed away from the fabric stores I might get some quilts finished. Working at putting the Grace frame together and then I better stick to finishing what I have before starting yet another.

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I would say more than 10...... less than 25 :roll: Six are sandwiched and "ready" to quilt. the others...... not so much!!! No sense rushing. One day I will take a whole day and quilt the sandwiched ones. That is if I don't find some new fabric that I can't leave alone !!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 09-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Well, I prbably have maybe 20 not finished. Some of them are actually half quilted ,some tops waiting, some not finished, probably because I find I no longer care for them. I have decided that I will make an effort to finish them all when I get out of this travel trailer and in a real house. All of these quilts I have not seen for a year because they have been in storage. Only about 1 month to go before house is finished.
My biggest problem is deciding how to finish them, and if they are too big to quilt myself, waiting to afford long arm quilter. OK, my greatest prblem is finding another great pattern that I just have to make and getting sidetracked with that.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM

2 for me. I need to get some squares and practice FMQ so I'll stop being so afraid of doing it. Otherwise I'll soon have 5!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM

CoventryUK.... I AM A TAURUS, TOO..... VERY CREATIVE PEOPLE, HUH? :) Thanks for the smile... :)
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Yes, I have many also. I will not count then, I would feel guilty that I have not hand quilted them. However, I have purchased a quilting frame and machine and am waiting for it to come in so I can try it out. Am looking forward to happier days of quilting. Really enjoy all of you ladies. I really have learned a lot. Thank you all very much. Lorene
Old 09-10-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I only have one....I make it a point to completely finish one before starting another one!...please don't throw things at me!! :lol:
OOOOhhhh, you just had to spoil it for the rest of us! I admire you!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Well, I had good intentions of finishing one before starting another. Does that count? :-) Actually I have a couple sandwiched and ready for quilting and probably four or five that are just tops. My goal for this year is to finish them all before I'm allowed to start another, but I don't know if that will happen. I'm weak! :-)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

I have nineteen that are waiting for the longarm quilter (me) that have been waiting in a box under the longarm machine for over five years... Nope, make that twenty! I forgot I have one hanging in my closet!!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:54 PM

Ditter43 - me too - I like to finish 1 before i start another
maybe we are the strange ones!!!
I have always chose to different and like it that way