Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sad, But True >

Sad, But True

Sad, But True

Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM

I am new to this site, but I have similar problems. I see something else I want to do and buy supplies, but unfortunately I have a tendency to not finish previous project. I find myself with a lot of UFO's. And my husband doesn't help. When we are traveling somewhere, he looks up local quilt shops so we can see what they have. I try to limit spending but sometimes he just says buy that if you like it. Hard to resist!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

Yes that sure can be a problem. Sit down and pick just one to work on.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 AM

I'm with you. I have got to start a training session that stops me from looking at (and buying!!!!!!!!) any new quilt patterns. I know I am not going to live long enough to finish all of them. OH WELL ----- guess it could be worse.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:19 AM

I thought it was only me doing what you do!!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 AM

I will get them done. Of course, I need more space to get yhings done. We are currently living in a 5th wheel and have been for a year. Our house will be completed in about a month, so then I can dig all these creations out of storage and finish. If I am not crazy about them (isn't that why we do not finish some?) then I will donate them to the local shelter. I have actually finished a top last week that was a kit purchases over 5 years ago. Now to figure out how I want to quilt it!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Oh you should see my must do list, but I can't do any of them tell next year. but look out next year, then I can make something for me. Yippy. :D God bless.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I have finally figured out why I sometimes feel soooo overwhelmed when working on a project. It's because I can't stay away from the picture section. Everytime I go in there I see so many gorgeous quilts! My mind goes into overdrive with all kinds of ideas and colors, and I can't wait to start my next quilt. Does it actually happen...NO, because by the time I finish the quilt I'm working on, someone will post another goregous quilt and I can't decide which one I want to try. This is a never ending cycle! Someone please ban me from the picture section. :shock:
Ain't gonna happen, because we're all powerless to stop ourselves from looking at the beautiful quilts others have posted.

Thanks to all of you for sharing!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 AM

I have to admit it - that is my favorite section and the one I hit first. I find the beautiful projects to be food for my soul. Now that we have gotten thru our big move and I am reorganizing my sewing room, I have to get busy!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I'm with you girl! I have so many pictures of quilts I want to do and know I will never have time to make them all!
Ditto
Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 AM

UPDATE: It's been approximately 45 days and I've only gone to the picture section ONCE. Did I see anything I wanted to make? Of course I did! I've added it to my' to do' list. Yiiiiiiiippee!! :P