Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3 >

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Thank you Deb for hosting this-I really did enjoy doing my balloons-even if they never did land :-( I hope they show up at your house at some point or find their way back home. I am writing a formal complaint to my local postmaster as this is the third package (not for this board but in total over the last few months) that has gone MIA. I usually use the Post Office near my job to mail anything for the board because they are AWESOME but due to circumstances I had no choice but to mail from my home PO on this one! We shall see what happens.
Hugs
April
April, I didn't know about your HAB plight. I would be happy to share mine and make a few extra so you can still be part of this swap. It is so sad that you did the work and went to the expense. I can send you six from my set, you could do three for you and three for me, and I could do three for you and three for me, and we would each have one complete set; OR, I can just send six from my set and we can fill in with six blocks we make for ourselves. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. How about you?
BrendaB
Oh Brenda that is so thoughtful of you! Would you want six different HAB? I have one that I made as a workup for my pattern and I can make 5 others using different fabrics or I can do a couple pieced and a couple hand appliqued? Thank you so much (I promise I will mail yours from my job PO!)
Send me a PM so we can chat about it :-)
Hugs
April
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Deb,

Thanks so much for putting this together. I received mine today and they are awesome. Thanks!!

Anna
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM

I got my balloons in the mail today! I am so thrilled with the blocks I got. Every one is cute, and I can see they'll go together nicely. I can't name a favorite, there are so many bright colors, beautiful block designs, and pretty fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-114933.jpe
Views:	70
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	114938  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:30 AM

My Flight came in today....YAY...Here they are....

Deb Thank You so much for all your hard work, you are such an incredible Stewardess for our flight!! I really enjoyed this.

P.S. April...I'm gonna make you a HAB also and send it to ya. I just hate hearing when this happens to people. I want you to have fun in the Flight with us.

Mish's Flight Is Complete
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114955[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-114950.jpe
Views:	27
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	114955  
Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM

I also tried to honor the requests that I saw on the thread for when you saw a particular block you liked. There was only one request I could not honor, as that block was already 'spoken for' by 11 others!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM

My blocks came today! Thanks to everyone, I LOVE all of my blocks!

There was no label on the last three blocks in the first pic, please let me if one belongs to you. ;-)

All of the blocks are so much prettier than these pics show. :)

A special thanks to Deb for her efforts. :D

Name:	Attachment-115202.jpe
Views:	67
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	115207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-115207.jpe
Views:	101
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	115212  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM

My balloons have safely landed today. Thank you to eveyone that made balloons and thank you Deb for putting this swap together. I will post a pics as soon as I can stay awake. Just got off from work, dinner and now it is bedtime and it is 11:00 pm. Where does the time go? I suppose out the window when you work 12 hr shifts. later ya. :D
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM

As you can tell from some of the pics, we had such a great collection of the balloons. I love the creativity and the fabrics were just fabulous!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Thank you Deb for hosting this-I really did enjoy doing my balloons-even if they never did land :-( I hope they show up at your house at some point or find their way back home. I am writing a formal complaint to my local postmaster as this is the third package (not for this board but in total over the last few months) that has gone MIA. I usually use the Post Office near my job to mail anything for the board because they are AWESOME but due to circumstances I had no choice but to mail from my home PO on this one! We shall see what happens.
Hugs
April
April, I didn't know about your HAB plight. I would be happy to share mine and make a few extra so you can still be part of this swap. It is so sad that you did the work and went to the expense. I can send you six from my set, you could do three for you and three for me, and I could do three for you and three for me, and we would each have one complete set; OR, I can just send six from my set and we can fill in with six blocks we make for ourselves. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. How about you?
BrendaB
Oh Brenda that is so thoughtful of you! Would you want six different HAB? I have one that I made as a workup for my pattern and I can make 5 others using different fabrics or I can do a couple pieced and a couple hand appliqued? Thank you so much (I promise I will mail yours from my job PO!)
Send me a PM so we can chat about it :-)
Hugs
April
April, sending you a PM.

Thank you, again, Deb. You did a great job. :-)

Just got mine today. Thank you everyone. You all did such a nice job. Each is so different and interesting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70389[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-70383.jpe
Views:	72
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	70388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-70384.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	70389  
Old 09-11-2010, 03:13 PM

I recieved my blocks on Thursday, ( I have been away at a quilting retreat). Sorry I was unable to let you know sooner. I love each and all, and can't wait to put them all together.
a BIG THANKS for all you have done to make this swap a successful one. You sure do give a lot. Thanks again.