Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
The Farmer's Wife >

The Farmer's Wife

The Farmer's Wife

Old 09-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marianna48
Ok, I saw this topic just now. I am Marianna from the netherlands Europe. I am a quilters since 2001 and started the FWS last year throguh a LQS as a BOM. My health is not always what I want it to be so I dropped out in january. I still have a pile of fabrics I got for this BOM and I want them to be sewn away! I haven't started numerical, but from the top left corner going down. So lots of numbers I did already, but not here yet.
Greetings Marianna48...I'm MaryAnna from the US! Great name isn't it?! ;-) Well if you have the fabric, and I'm sure the book or patterns, then you can jump in anytime you're ready. Welcome to the board, there is so much to learn & do on here and many wonderful people.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM

Hi Delores, I'm just south of you alittle ways past Troup between Jacksonville and Henderson. I just ordered "The Farmer's Wife" yesterday and can't wait to get it in the mail and look through all the patterns. Welcome to the board.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM

LOL, yes MaryAnna I LOVE your name! Especially the last part...do they write your name also always with an E in the end instaed of an A? I am not in the process of checking all my files and see where all my stuff is and plan a bit how to start. I have several other projects on the go and want to make for all blocks...to little time I know!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Marianna48
LOL, yes MaryAnna I LOVE your name! Especially the last part...do they write your name also always with an E in the end instaed of an A? I am not in the process of checking all my files and see where all my stuff is and plan a bit how to start. I have several other projects on the go and want to make for all blocks...to little time I know!
Yes, Marianna, people have spelled my name many different ways, and most of the time it's the E at the end instead of an A. Well you will sort through your stuff and get everything together in due time. You will get to it all. I too have many projects lined up and I will be doing The Farmer's Wife sometime in January 2011.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 10-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Hi! I'm from Topeka, KS and will have to admit right away that I'm NOT a technical kind of person and this is my first "computer chat" thing that I've ever joined, but a quilting friend of mine says it's fantastic so I'm busting out of my "comfort zone" and trying it. I'm working my way through the Farmers' Wife blocks and finding them challenging; heard that I can get help and suggestions here.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 AM

ye you are on the right spot here! have you heard of Laurie Hird's yahoo group? She is on this board aswell as on the uyahoo group and enjoying all that it said and done on the firest book. Now she is working on her second. The book will come out end of next year she hopes.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:08 AM

Sending a welcome shout out from Colorado!! :lol:
Old 10-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Tyler, TX is soooo where I call my home! You're so lucky to be there. :)
Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by twospoiledhuskies
Sending a welcome shout out from Colorado!! :lol:
Welcome twospoiledhuskies...who are adorable!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan.