Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 09-12-2010, 12:37 AM

I'v been looking at the new postings on the board trying to get tired. I should be tired I was up all day waiting for a pickup of my old fridg. They said between 10 and 2 and don't ya know it was after 12 noon before I got a call that they were on there way. Made me miss the quit show I wanted to go to here in town. Well I'm off to bed.
You all have a wonderful Sunday. Night
Gail
Old 09-13-2010, 02:07 AM

Hi, know the pleasure of nights without sleep. Have suffered for many years of not been able to sleep of a night or as i like to say i can have a thousand sleep a night, as it seem like i nod off them wake up a few minutes later.
the best nights are when i can sleep for 3 hour in one go.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 AM

I've decided not sleeping is not a problem. It is extra time you have been given. Used wisely, the lack of sleep doesn't seem to bother me. If I don't use the time wisely, I am really dead the next day. Anything that feeds my soul (not my stomach)actually helps me feel better about myself. If I do laundry, or housework, I'm dead the next day...and grouchy.

I use my extra hours to write letters, emails, sew, do Bible study. Read a good book. These all seem to fill my spirit and I feel rested and ready for the next day. I'll even make something wonderful for breakfast for the whole family. A short nap in the afternoon, tea time, and I'm ready to fix dinner and spend the evening with my family.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

Could'nt sleep tonight so joining the club. I am making a tablerunner and doing some embroidery on it. had to look up some stitches and now I am wide awake. I use this time of night to search for ideas etc. I never clean house at night. That is daytime work. Hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm up too. I use the night to finish up or to catch up on emails, or quilting. Right now I'm visiting my mother so I can't sew, butI've been knitting and crocheting. I needed a break from the machine. When I get back next week, I'll be ready to go again. I'm just starting to miss my sewing and quilting projects.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:22 PM

I'm up to. Been working on a Christmas quilt but needed to put that away so DH could go to bed. There are real drawbacks to having to share your quilting space with the sleeping quarters.
Hope you enjoying your visit with your mom Gwyn. You are so lucky to have her. I miss my folks even after all these years.
Tomorrow I will be home all day waiting for the delivery of our new refrigerator Our old one just quit on us last Thursday. Today we had to get a new battery for our car. Enough already at this rate I won't be able to buy any fabric . This could be a really bad thing, no fabric how scary.
Gail
Old 09-13-2010, 10:37 PM

Hey Gail, hope they deliver that before class starts. I will be going to bed soon. Class did let out early tonight, so I'm ahead of schedule. Just have to take the dog out now and then can go to bed. Have to go to the PO tomorrow and mail a swap block, then to class.
Night everyone.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 PM

Hey, Pats8e8, I think I can see your lights from my deck in Arrowhead It's almost midnight here and I got NO sewing done today! Homeschooling my Blessings, watching my baby dgd, having a birthday party for my 11 year old...time to go to bed!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by fuail
Hey, Pats8e8, I think I can see your lights from my deck in Arrowhead It's almost midnight here and I got NO sewing done today! Homeschooling my Blessings, watching my baby dgd, having a birthday party for my 11 year old...time to go to bed!
Oh my gosh, if you need a babysitter for that darling little bundle, just call and I'll drive right up there!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 PM

Thanks, but my job IS babysitter! Just have to babyproof the house again after all these years - she decided to crawl early and pull herself up to stand at less than 6 months! I'm blessed to be the full-time babysitter so that my dd can work, though I think she'd rather be home with the baby - but hey, she and her hubby both have JOBS!