Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff and Viking dealership issues! >

Pfaff and Viking dealership issues!

Pfaff and Viking dealership issues!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 AM

I have an old Bernina 930 also, I bought it as a demonstrater in Bountiful Utah, Cost me $1,100.00, I was offered $1,00.00 for it just recently when I bought the new Bernina 830, It has never been cleaned or serviced in a shop. I clean and oil it every time I put in a new bobbin, Still runs like a charm. :thumbup:
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
My thought is this... would someone really buy a TOL Viking or Pfaff and spend 4 or 5 grand for a machine at Joanne's or another big box store? I know I wouldn't. Some people would never spend that much on a sewing machine, period. LOL. But, for us crazy ladies who have very expensive machines, I'd never buy it from a craft store. I can't imagine anyone would do this without a dealership behind you that offers mastery courses. Viking just came out with a new machine that's just under their TOL machine. I don't see how they can come out with these machines and then cancel dealership contracts.

Just a note about the Vikings sold within a JoAnn store..... those are lease departments. They are separate from the store. Basically Viking leases space in the store to set up a "store within a store". The Viking personnel are not JoAnn employees, and you do all the financial stuff right there.... not at the main cash registers. <G>

Not sure about dealerships and such, but always remember there are at least 2 sides to any story, and there are probably a lot of details in the background you don't know. <G>

Have fun,
Pati, in Phx
Old 09-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Sounds like getting parts would mean ordering them thru a dealer? Maybe another way of upping prices on parts.I'm just a quilt top maker tho & know nothing about machine business.

Sorry you lost your dealer.I'd be lost without mine.Have never had any problem, but like knowing they are there.It's so nice knowing a ph call to them has been able to help.Hate to admit it, but both times, it was operator error :-) :-)

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by justme2
I found sewing machine info saying Brother....who makes Baby Lock,has their machines made mostly in Taiwan.

Still wonder where owners are supposed to find parts.Maybe that's the point? no parts. Guess we can't win.

Well, authorized dealers would be able to get the parts. The issue comes when these authorized dealers are dropped!

I re-read the statement issued by my dealer today. In it they say they were one of the top selling dealers of Viking and Pfaff in the country. Yet, they were dropped by SVP.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Side bar to the topic. My company produces educational equipment and some of our best sellers have been copied offshore. We field calls regularly where customers call to complain about "our" product quality and we have NO record of them buying our product. Usually it turns out to be a counterfit product of much lower quality. It is therefore interesting that the owner of our company and our Asia sales person are currently in mainland China for the opening of a big University lab. They equipped the Science lab with our equipment. Goes to show that even in China, quality matters and good quality is recognized. On the other hand, we do have product from China that does meet our quality standards. Just wanted to add that to get a viewpoint away from generalizations.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Banned

yep....happened to me. Bought locally and now I have to drive 30 miles (maybe more) one way. Never notified me. Of course, she wasn't the best dealer, but still.....now I won't even shop there.
I was due for a free cleaning and she told me.....drop it off. get to it when I get to it....maybe in 3-4 wks. never went.
Sure want your money, but after that....their attitude is so what!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by karenchi
yep....happened to me. Bought locally and now I have to drive 30 miles (maybe more) one way. Never notified me. Of course, she wasn't the best dealer, but still.....now I won't even shop there.
I was due for a free cleaning and she told me.....drop it off. get to it when I get to it....maybe in 3-4 wks. never went.
Sure want your money, but after that....their attitude is so what!!!
Isn't that sad? What ever happened to customer service?
Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned

Yeah.....When she first opened I had ordered something from her. She called to tell me it didn't come in and that her husband was driving (in the worst snow storm) to pick it up. Told her that was not necessary, but he went anyway....Business went to her head!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by karenchi
Yeah.....When she first opened I had ordered something from her. She called to tell me it didn't come in and that her husband was driving (in the worst snow storm) to pick it up. Told her that was not necessary, but he went anyway....Business went to her head!
Even sadder!! Usually those are not around long. When I go into a shop like that I usually don't stay long or buy much or go back again.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:45 AM

There was a really bad Brother/Viking dealer locally. They would be really nice while they were priming the customer for the sale and afterward, nothing but rude and just plain mean. They've recently gone out of business.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:19 AM

I went to my dealership yesterday and it was packed. Wall to wall people there for a seminar. I think dropping this dealership was a huge mistake.