Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingroom >

Sewingroom

Sewingroom

Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 AM

Welcome from Murrells Inlet, SC
Old 09-20-2010, 10:06 AM

My studio looks like a bomb exploded when I'm working, luckily I have a friend who visits fairly often and she will calmly refold fabrics that are all over the work table, floor and any other surface available and put them back on a shelf. She is a neat freak and I am not, at least not when I'm working on a project. It works both ways, she gets to fondle my fabric and I get it folded and back on the shelf. Of course she then knows what I have, so if she needs a piece of fabric she knows who to call. Works great for us.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
Yes, right now it does, but if I am starting a new project, I have to get the whole place organized first. I need some semblance of order, to create.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 AM

Oh yes! a bomb just went off in my sewing roon this weekend ! I made a new design wall last week, and it's 6ftx8ft. It dawned on me ( while I was laying awake w/ insomnia) that I could quickly and easily 'fix' the HST I have left over from the siggies block swap; I want to use the corners on the backing... so.... I tried the techique, don't know why it took me all these years to use the corner of my ruler to square up the folded HST !!!???? Any way... I have some of those on the wall, some English paper piecing I'm doing and Jinny byers 'woven ribbons' quilt I'm making for my sister, and the left overs from the Jinny byers quilt will be a companion quilt, all on the design wall. So, 4 quilts in progress means 4 times the bits & pieces , instructions, tape, rulers..... Plus someone didn't put the laptop away after they used it, so it's on the work station too. WOW
Old 09-20-2010, 10:45 AM

Wow, this one popped up just for me! I watched the Hoarders on Sunday and decided it is time to make some changes in my sewing room and am in the process of folding all my fabric into neat orderly piles and putting them neatly onto their shelf in color order even light to dark, and throwing away things that I don't need or use. I think I will want to spend more time in my sewing room when I am done.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 AM

YES !!!!!!If anyone wants to eat...they are on there own !!!!!......but i will do laundrey......just because the washer and dryer is in my sewing room....(it was the garage} !!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM

Several years ago I had a non-sewing friend help me organize some rooms. I redid my sewing room and she helped me clean it out and start over. She couldn't understand why I needed so many rulers and so much fabric and why everything had to be out in the open. I just smiled and told her not to worry about it. She came over later and commented that it didn't do much good to clean it up - it was messy again. Again, I smiled and told her it works for me. However, I do wish I had more than 1 square foot to user on my cutting table as someone else mentioned!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM

I try to keep my sewing room clean it's in my basement and my laundry room is nearby. If I go down and start sewing I sometimes act like I'm doing laundy and it's funny how no one bothers you when laundry is involved. Or I sometimes look mad and no one ask questions then.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:40 AM

Cook, iron, clean....never heard of it. LOL
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM

That happens in my house whether I am in the middle of a project or NOT in the middle of a project. So you are ahead of me by a longshot!