C pap users

Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
]No, there's a lot of us. WARNING: If you sneeze when you have it in....you'll spend the rest of the night laughing!!!! My husband said it sounded like I'd blown a head gasket!!! :mrgreen:
Oh yeah, that FIRST sneeze in the mask!! :shock: That was SO weird! :lol: I usually sneeze with such great force, but this time it felt like the sneeze was being forced back in! You're right tho, we did a lot of laughing after that!! :lol:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:27 PM

Hi. I used to set people on CPAP machines. Have you tried Getting a terry cloth headband. You put it on the old toothache band, under your chin and over the top of your head...
Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Nonnie2
So glad you posted this. Sometimes I think I am the only female in the world to have to use a cpap. Mostly men that I know of. Have had mine for 4 1/2 years. I use the nose pillows and don't have any problems with these. For at least 10 years before that I had to sleep in a separate bedroom because my husband could not sleep for my snoring. Now we can share a bed again. It's nice!
What are the nose pillows?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 PM

so glad to read all the comments n the cpac machine. I was on mine already when I went to Europe, would not even think of goiong any where overnight with out it.... yes, I stopped breathing manytimes a night also, and the snoring was outrageous!!! surely didn't sound like a lady,,,more like a freight train.... On medicare it is covered, but I was not old enough at first machine so we had to pay the price our selves,,,,it was worth every dollar. When I got on Medicare the supply house said they had a new one for me,, it is only about 6" x 8" and so much better for travel. Also have the heated humifier, works like a charm...I can set the heat, and it is wonderful.

hope anyone who has breathing, or snoring problems gets a sleep apnea test.

jacie
Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bev
Originally Posted by Nonnie2
So glad you posted this. Sometimes I think I am the only female in the world to have to use a cpap. Mostly men that I know of. Have had mine for 4 1/2 years. I use the nose pillows and don't have any problems with these. For at least 10 years before that I had to sleep in a separate bedroom because my husband could not sleep for my snoring. Now we can share a bed again. It's nice!
I tried to put in a link I found on google - images - they have pictures there.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 PM

I only got my CPAP machine this summer, in July in fact. I started with the nose pillows but woke up every morning with them laying on the bed. Seems I was taking them off in my sleep. I switched to a full mask and the way it straps on, I can barely get it off when I'm awake, LOL.
One of my problems is that I rarely go into REM sleep. In 4 sleep studies, they haven't got any on record yet. Occasionally with the CPAP I get into level 3, which is great for me. Before it, I was spending most of my sleep time in level 2. No wonder I am tired all the time. That plus the fibromyalgia and pain from my injured neck and shoulder. Not that I'm meaning to whine tho, cuz I'm not. I am doing good considering, is all I mean.
Having had surgery on my shoulder the week after I got my machine, I've struggled getting used to it and trying to sleep after the surgery and all. As my shoulder improves, I do better with the CPAP, so I know it will all work out if I just persevere. When I get discouraged, I tell myself to hang in there and it will get better, and surprise, IT DOES!!
It was great to learn many of us shared the experience of having fibro, and now to know we share using the CPAP too. How great it is to share so many experiences with our friends here on the board. We can share the fun and not so fun things here and feel uplifted and encouraged from all of it.
Hugs and smiles my friends, keep up the wonderful job of supporting and encouraging one another. I know how much it means to me, and if it means even half as much to others, it's a job well done!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bev
Hi Bev,

I use the Swift FX cpap mask with nasal pillows. This particular model in the link is made for "Her", but I use the regular one because I need the larger size. A nose pillow is what they refer to as the soft molded plastic parts of the mask that sit just under your nose. They seal to the open edges of your nostrils when you turn your cpap machine on. Here's a link to it:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/resm...-headgear.html

Once you open this link, on the left of the page it shows product images, you can mouse over each picture to get a closer look at each part of the mask, including the pillows.

Not all nose pillows are made the same, in comfort, quality and design. I've tried a variety of nasal only masks, and the Swift FX is the best by far. It has the softest, yet most durable, most comfortable, best fitting and best made nasal pillows I've come across. I've been using my Swift FX for five months now; if there's something new on the market, I'm not aware of it.

Since everyone's nose is a bit different, it pays to try several on. When a person gets the order from their doctor to get a cpap machine and mask, you get to look and try on different masks at the place you will be purchasing or getting them from.

Hope this helps,
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by Bev
Hi Bev,

I use the Swift FX cpap mask with nasal pillows. This particular model in the link is made for "Her", but I use the regular one because I need the larger size. A nose pillow is what they refer to as the soft molded plastic parts of the mask that sit just under your nose. They seal to the open edges of your nostrils when you turn your cpap machine on. Here's a link to it:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/resm...-headgear.html

Once you open this link, on the left of the page it shows product images, you can mouse over each picture to get a closer look at each part of the mask, including the pillows.

Not all nose pillows are made the same, in comfort, quality and design. I've tried a variety of nasal only masks, and the Swift FX is the best by far. It has the softest, yet most durable, most comfortable, best fitting and best made nasal pillows I've come across. I've been using my Swift FX for five months now; if there's something new on the market, I'm not aware of it.

Since everyone's nose is a bit different, it pays to try several on. When a person gets the order from their doctor to get a cpap machine and mask, you get to look and try on different masks at the place you will be purchasing or getting them from.

Hope this helps,
This certainly did help. You've been great! Thanks so much.

:)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 AM

Another thought crossed my mind today (yes, I have one).....I set my CPAP on the floor. If I put it on the bedside table or higher (as in the motor home) I get a LOT of water flowing back. It makes me feel like I'm drowning. It's reasonable to me.....water flows downhill!!! I don't have it sitting directly on the floor...with 2 cats, there's too much dust and cat fur. DH made a little table for it!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Another thought crossed my mind today (yes, I have one).....I set my CPAP on the floor. If I put it on the bedside table or higher (as in the motor home) I get a LOT of water flowing back. It makes me feel like I'm drowning. It's reasonable to me.....water flows downhill!!! I don't have it sitting directly on the floor...with 2 cats, there's too much dust and cat fur. DH made a little table for it!
Great idea!! I have been having a little trouble with the condensation in my hose trickling back to my nose!! Mine c-pap sits pretty even with my bed, but will try it lower. Thanks for the hint!