Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 09-21-2010, 02:43 AM

There seem to be quite a few of us here. It's nice for the company.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:40 AM

Hi everyone. I'm so glad I found this post. I am up most nights with my pain. In 2003 I broke my neck working out lifting weights. Since I have has 3 neck surgery's 2 lower lumbar surgery's. We found out 4 months ago that I have RA in 83% of my spine. 3 weeks ago today I had surgery to implant a neurostimulator devise. It is helping with the pain in my neck,shoulder and left leg but does nothing for the RA. So I'm still taking meds for that, they keep me awake.Like I needed anything else to do that. My poor husband and kids try so hard to help me, but most times there is nothing that can help. BUT I have found others on here that I can talk to in the middle of a sleepless night now. I usally work on cutting fabric when I can't sleep.
Everyone take care and have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 AM

I was up all night with back pain. It hurts so bad I can't even breathe. I finally took a big dose of pain medication and slept for an hour in my mother's recliner. I'm miserable. My back hurts worse when I lie down. Like I'm lying on a baseball, or several baseballs. My feet and ankles are so swollen, they ache, and since I can't get them up by lying down, there is no relief in sight. Oh, I hate to whine and complain, but this has been going on for over a year with no relief and I guess I've just had it!

I'm glad to see everyone. I just forgot about this thread. I hope you each have a wonderful sunny day. I'll check back in this evening, Gwyn
Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I was up all night with back pain. It hurts so bad I can't even breathe. I finally took a big dose of pain medication and slept for an hour in my mother's recliner. I'm miserable. My back hurts worse when I lie down. Like I'm lying on a baseball, or several baseballs. My feet and ankles are so swollen, they ache, and since I can't get them up by lying down, there is no relief in sight. Oh, I hate to whine and complain, but this has been going on for over a year with no relief and I guess I've just had it!

I'm glad to see everyone. I just forgot about this thread. I hope you each have a wonderful sunny day. I'll check back in this evening, Gwyn
I sure hate to hear someone hurting this badly. I've been there. Have you ever heard of the neuro-stimulator that I talked about in my message? I know it's not for everyone, but it sure has helped me so much. Just a thought.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:15 AM

I have used a TNS unit, but it was really hard to keep the batteries charged all the time. I haven't tried anything that has been inserted surgically. This is really getting rediculous not being able to lie down. Yesterday the spasms started at about 3:00 in the afternoon. I've maxed out my pain relief doses and still not a bit better. I tried stretching and moving, but it won't go away. I guess I just have to wait until the muscles get tired and loosen on their own.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll ask the VA doctor when I see him on October 30th (soonest I could get).
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 AM

The only position I am comfortable in is lying flat or almost flat. Consequently, I get almost nothing done, and I hate it! I spend a lot of time here on the board, and find the positive atmosphere very helpful, as I can always come here and be lifted up. Thank you all for being here. I hope I can get up and get some things done soon.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM

I'll be on from time to time in the wee hours of the morning.

I have fibromyalgia and chonic tendonitis - 20 years worth.

Generally, my meds control the condition, thank God, but there are days and nights...went to my rheumatologist yesterday and he asked how I felt. I said pretty good, which was true. Then he checked trigger points. I was inflamed all over! I'm so used to it, though, that most of the time I don't consciously feel it. And I feel very blessed for that.

My prayers for all.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:57 PM

Isn't that the way it is Cathy? I get so upset when doctors want to prescribe tylenol 3 like it is a gift. I try to tell them anything short of sledge hammer won't work. Some days I would just love some fentinell or morphine. Why can't I have a rescue medication for twice a month...

Oh well, enough pity-party for me. I need to get off this and on with my life.

I have a very special arrival next week. I just can't wait. I'll post pictures later,
Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 PM

Well, it's just about midnight here in CA and I'm not dizzy anymore, thank heaven's for small favors! But I do need to get to bed now, so hope everyone is feeling better tonight.
Good night all.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Power Poster

Hi me again insomniac in SoCal. Anyone else out there?