Quilt Challenge!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 PM

I'm very proud of this scrap quilt as that is exactly what it is. I call it "Out of the Bag" because except for a couple of squares it all came from a friends "Scrap Bag". She handed me a bag of "scraps" as she knew I kept scraps for my Grandson's school. As soon as I looked in the bag I knew what I wanted to do with them. A lot of pieces had been cut (unevenly) but just needed trimming.
I spent the day doing that while we waited to hear if we had a long awaited Granddaughter. Well we got the adored Granddaughter, who turns 2 years old today, and I was very happy with the results I came up with for the quilt. I only had to use a fat quarter from my own stash and not even all of it. I used both front & back of that fabric.
The quilt is finished, although it did sit in a corner for a long time and only got a little quilting at a time between other projects. I can't find the photo of the finished quilt but have one of WIP.

JPG
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109630[/ATTACH]

JPG
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109631[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-109625.jpe
Views:	35
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	109630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-109626.jpe
Views:	31
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	109631  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 PM

I love what you have done here.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM

I love your quilt Izy. The brighter the better. Well done.

From page 12
Old 09-03-2010, 04:11 PM

it looks great. i can tell you are experienced and picking the right fabrics, colors and prints to put together.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:11 PM

What a beauty. It has the look of a carefully arranged group of fabrics rather than scraps.

Jane
Old 09-15-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna
I'm very proud of this scrap quilt as that is exactly what it is. I call it "Out of the Bag" because except for a couple of squares it all came from a friends "Scrap Bag". She handed me a bag of "scraps" as she knew I kept scraps for my Grandson's school. As soon as I looked in the bag I knew what I wanted to do with them. A lot of pieces had been cut (unevenly) but just needed trimming.
..... I only had to use a fat quarter from my own stash and not even all of it. I used both front & back of that fabric.
What a nice job you made of it!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna
I spent the day doing that while we waited to hear if we had a long awaited Granddaughter. Well we got the adored Granddaughter, who turns 2 years old today, and I was very happy with the results I came up with for the quilt. I only had to use a fat quarter from my own stash and not even all of it. I used both front & back of that fabric.
The quilt is finished, although it did sit in a corner for a long time and only got a little quilting at a time between other projects. I can't find the photo of the finished quilt but have one of WIP.
Thank you to the" quilting sisters" who sent messages about my quilt
Old 09-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by winterswisper
It is so nice to know other quilters have scrap baskets with contents that magically multiply! I think I could quilt indefinitely without using anything but scraps!! Of course that doesn't keep me from buying new fabric! :)
I agree with you, mine continue to grow. This is a picture of a table topper that I made today using some of my 5" squares saved from other projects. This pattern was on Eleanor Burns show this week
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-98297.jpe
Views:	87
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	98302  
Old 09-17-2010, 07:37 PM

beautiful
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 AM

I love this idea. Have been saving my scraps and thinking I would do something with them, just couldn't see the waste of throwing them away. Glad I didn't because I got an Embroidery Machine a couple of months ago. And those scraps are coming in handy. But I haven't really had time to do a lot. Are you doing full size, lap or doll quilts? Or just what ever hits your fancy. I acquired some feed sacks at an Estate Sale a while back. Think I'm going to use those for Sunbonnet Sue Quilt though. Thanks also for the web site. Have a great quilting week.