Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 09-04-2010, 03:28 PM

I just join today. And you have already challenged me to finish two before Christmas.
There are four others to finish. My goal isno new material
until the quilts I have are fininished.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Perky
My goal isno new material
until the quilts I have are fininished.
Perky, that is my husband's goal for me :lol: I hope it works out well for you.
I am getting an anniversary quilt finished up, but I am doing some other things as well. I seem to find a UFO every time I look for fabric.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:58 AM

I am working on a quilt for my daughter today hope to finish the top this week.
My goal is to finish the two quilts for daughters by Christmas. Then I will have one to do for an other daughter. That will complete all the quilts for our children.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:48 AM

Wow, you ladies are incredible. Reading this, I realize that I'm not alone in starting projects and losing interest due to "something shiny" (new project) coming along. I'm proud of all of you for digging in and finishing these beautiful quilts and other projects. You've inspired me. Thank you. Off to sew I go!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:55 AM

I always have UFO's...have looked at one of my UFO's for over 30 years ...I started my first quilt (embroidering baby animals on to flannel) when I was expecting our daughter...that was 34 years ago...never finished it...finally this October she will have her first child (a girl) and I decided "no time like the present" ha! Well I did finish this quilt and decided to enter it into our local fair....I won first place and then gave it to our daughter at a shower...she was very touched.... I have named Thursdays as my "UFO Thursdays" and it really does work
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-105131.jpe
Views:	78
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	105136  
Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 PM

Ooookaaaaay- here is my March-yes i said March UFO. did Jan . and Feb. -no problem. but I picked this one for March-didn't want to work on it because there is a lot of quilting in it. Then got sidetracked making gifts and just life in general. i actually had to force myself to work on it. i may still add another butterfly or two, but the rest is finished! it was originally a test pattern to see if i wanted to do my king sized quilt in the pattern. NO WAY! at least not with the applique! I named it Gracie's garden. i don't nor have i ever had a cat named Gracie, but i thought she looked like one. sorry the first is blurry and the second is sideways.

close up of Gracie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107957[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-107951.jpe
Views:	81
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	107956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-107952.jpe
Views:	10
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	107957  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom
Ooookaaaaay- here is my March-yes i said March UFO. did Jan . and Feb. -no problem. but I picked this one for March-didn't want to work on it because there is a lot of quilting in it. Then got sidetracked making gifts and just life in general. i actually had to force myself to work on it. i may still add another butterfly or two, but the rest is finished! it was originally a test pattern to see if i wanted to do my king sized quilt in the pattern. NO WAY! at least not with the applique! I named it Gracie's garden. i don't nor have i ever had a cat named Gracie, but i thought she looked like one. sorry the first is blurry and the second is sideways.
Hey, you did it. Fantastic. It looks great. I really like your quilt. The applique is gorgeous. Looks like a lot of work.

I didn't forget I promised to send you something. It will be in the mail this week-end. Had fun meeting. Wish we had more time. Maybe next time.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Thanks-it was a lot of work. Reinforced my dislike of applique! I had fun last week too. Looking forward to the next get-together.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:33 PM

I'm in too. I have a few UFO's from classes I took and started the project but never finished them at home. I will take one out and finish it and post my picture when its done.

memoryloss
Old 09-24-2010, 04:17 AM

I think this is sooooo good. Have been doing this on my own but it is always more fun sharing with others. One of my favorite teachers, Carol Britt, Sewwhat fabrics, did one of the funniest shows on stage, using this very topic. It was the first night at quilt camp and dispelled the myth that the quilt police will get you if you don't finish projects you don't like. Basically, don't waste time on something you hate or doesn't work. You learned what you set out to now, move on.