Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna Viking & Pfaff machines >

Husqvarna Viking & Pfaff machines

Husqvarna Viking & Pfaff machines

Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM

I have a Pfaff 7570 and toyed with buying a CV, but felt at my age with no others in the family interested in sewing it was not practical. Thank goodness I didn't. I still want a machine that will quilt and embroider. I have looked at Creative 4.0. Everyone seems to love their Viking. Anyone use your Viking for embroidery as well as quilting?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:10 PM

I love my 35 year old Pfaff 1222E, its a mechanical machine and weighs a ton. Since it got the correct foot pedal, it doesn't behave badly anymore and scare me to death. :shock: :-D
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Don't want to sound dumb, but you all keep talking about IDT; what is it?
IDF - it's a built-in walking foot - you flip the control down on the back of almost any presser foot. There are only a couple feet that don't work with it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Dee

I have a Viking and love it. Its a wonderful machine for 18 yrs..
Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lizzygail
Husqvarna owns Pfaff now and they are pretty much the same machine (according to a dealer at the show in Paducah). She said the Husqvarna is still the top of the line, that they didn't put all of their technology into the Pfaff line....may be a 'line' (perhaps she wanted to sell me the Husqvarna :-) but for what it's worth....
I have been talking to a dealer who sells both Pfaff and Husqvarna and asked if their are differences in the quality or construction. He said NO, both are still top quality with steel internal components and comparable technology and warranties. In the two machines I'm looking at Creative 2.0 or Topaz 30 the machines are so similar its not funny. He says it just comes back to personal preference, they're both great machines! I am going out tomorrow to have another sew with both machines, if that doesn't work, then I'll just toss a coin!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by SheilaS
Originally Posted by Lizzygail
Husqvarna owns Pfaff now and they are pretty much the same machine (according to a dealer at the show in Paducah). She said the Husqvarna is still the top of the line, that they didn't put all of their technology into the Pfaff line....may be a 'line' (perhaps she wanted to sell me the Husqvarna :-) but for what it's worth....
I have been talking to a dealer who sells both Pfaff and Husqvarna and asked if their are differences in the quality or construction. He said NO, both are still top quality with steel internal components and comparable technology and warranties. In the two machines I'm looking at Creative 2.0 or Topaz 30 the machines are so similar its not funny. He says it just comes back to personal preference, they're both great machines! I am going out tomorrow to have another sew with both machines, if that doesn't work, then I'll just toss a coin!!!
Yes, you said this at the beginning of your thread. Though, since these are the manufacturers he sells, do you really think he'd tell you "Psst. Don't buy them, they're junk now." ? I tend to NOT put much faith in what vendors try to sell me and go with what my friends and research tell me.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
I love my Pfaff's. I ended up with a Creative Vision for embroidery and such. I take my older Pfaff to classes and quilting get togethers.
I have a dear friend who will service my older Pfaff ... but the CV needs a special grounding pad [or some such] and she doesn't do those. Though I have had no problem with the CV.
The dual feed is what has kept me quilting due to arthritis in my hands.

So ... get the machine you bond with the best ... and enjoy.

ali
This is exactly my position! I have a Pfaff 1471, which I LOVE and a new Creative Vision for embroidery, and the bigger throat space. I would not get a machine without the built in walking foot - or "dual feed". I've seen many struggling to attach a walking foot on other machines before they can begin to sew. I also agree with Ali, though... Get the one that "talks" to you! And enjoy!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by Aully
What are the prices for pfaff embroidery machines?
Are you sitting down?
I was able to get my Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0 for $3200!!! I was amazed and blessed!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 AM

I bought a Viking Diamond in March of 2010. I love it. It practically sews by itself. But I am chronically ill with asthma. I have put my machine up for sale for what I owe on it. I have most all of the extra feet, lots of accessories, and the 5D Embroidery Extra program. I owe about $7500 on it including all these extras. I live in SE TN. I would pay shipping. One thing bad is that the warranty won't transfer. But you can buy a three year warranty for about $300. I go to classes for the diamond, and all the people there just love theirs. It sells retail for $10,000.
Let me know if you would like to buy it.
Sandra
Old 09-24-2010, 11:07 AM

Love my Pfaff's! Dealers will usually come down from the suggested retail, so try to "deal."