UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 09-24-2010, 08:35 AM

What is a WIP? :shock:
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jean OK
What is a WIP? :shock:
work in progress
Old 09-28-2010, 07:04 AM

UFO's..Ha! I'll just be thrilled if I can make a dent in my pile of "How to" quilting books lol...Congrats to those that have finished one and good luck to those on the road...
Old 09-28-2010, 09:20 AM

I will start on UFO's after I complete my christmas sewing list.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM

I completed this last Thursday, Sept. 22nd. I started this in June or July of 1980 and pregnant with first daughter. When I pulled it out last January to finish after having moving it from one house to the next and I am going to guess that was at least 10 times, since 1980. My daughter will turn 30 in December, so It's officially 30's old.

These are scraps of my 4-H projects for 9 years and Jr and Sr high Home Ec. classes, (two prints were donated from my mom to remind me where I got my sewing capibilities from - dresses she had me and sisters when I was
6 years). 5" squares that were cut with a 5" square of cardboard and marked with a blue ink pin. I had all but about five 9-patches sections completely sewn together. Left it with a LAQ about 2 weeks ago and thoughts as to what I wanted for design. The thread was a varigated colors of what I could remember from the 1970's colors. I hope you will be able to see the flowers and scriggalies of stitches. It looks great on my bed and my daughter Kristin just loves it and wants it on her list of inheritance stuff. Course her 30th birthday is coming up, so who knows, she might get it earlier.

My next thoughts and plans are to create a journal of all the photo's of the clothing I had made in those years. It's going to take some digging through loads of photo's, but I know if I find my 4-H record book, I will find most of them. Just can't wait to start. So many memories in this quilt.

While I was pregnant with Kristin 1980 quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103193[/ATTACH]

Close-up view of quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103194[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-103188.jpe
Views:	25
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	103193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-103189.jpe
Views:	21
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	103194  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM

That is really a neat quilt- so fUll of so many memories! Good luck with your journal too. You have created a wonderful heirloom-combined with the journal it will be priceless to future generations. Good job!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:07 AM

what a great quilt full of wonderful memories!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Well, I did it. I was up till after the ball dropped finishing the binding. One down, eye's burning, but well worth it. Happy New Year!
THAT IS VERY NICE.ARE'NT YOU GLAD THAT YOU FINISHED IT!!!!ON TO THE NEXT ONE!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by sewmom
Ooookaaaaay- here is my March-yes i said March UFO. did Jan . and Feb. -no problem. but I picked this one for March-didn't want to work on it because there is a lot of quilting in it. Then got sidetracked making gifts and just life in general. i actually had to force myself to work on it. i may still add another butterfly or two, but the rest is finished! it was originally a test pattern to see if i wanted to do my king sized quilt in the pattern. NO WAY! at least not with the applique! I named it Gracie's garden. i don't nor have i ever had a cat named Gracie, but i thought she looked like one. sorry the first is blurry and the second is sideways.
Hey, you did it. Fantastic. It looks great. I really like your quilt. The applique is gorgeous. Looks like a lot of work.

I didn't forget I promised to send you something. It will be in the mail this week-end. Had fun meeting. Wish we had more time. Maybe next time.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Robinlee, what does PHD stand for? The last time I heard that used for anything other than a degree, it meant 'piled higher and deeper' :lol:
project half done