Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-25-2010, 05:52 AM

Oh Nancy - she is beautiful - I really really want a Red Eye. Yours is in stunning condition for her age.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 AM

Oh, and I wanted to tell you guys the story of the Redeye I got yesterday that is missing the Bobbin Plate and bobbin.

Some people bought a place here really close to us that was sold complete -- all the furniture -- equipment -- everything went with the sale of the house and property. It seems the grandmother had to be put in a rest home. Her family did not want to deal with going through her place -- they just sold it as it stood! The people that bought the place - also older people -- didn't want the stuff either! The grandmother had some really nice furniture and stuff too!

That Redeye in the picture looks like it has a messed up decal on the front, but that is just a glare -- the decals are perfect, and the cabinet is in great shape too!!!!!
I got the machine for $50 because of the missing Bobbin plate that they think an antique dealer had just walked through and taken!

Nancy
Old 09-25-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
Oh Nancy - she is beautiful - I really really want a Red Eye. Yours is in stunning condition for her age.
Thank you! She does look perfect! She will look even better when I receive the Bobbin Plate from Billy!

Nancy
Old 09-25-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

I now have 6 treadles, although I have given my 1901 Pheasant Decal treadle (the poor one I posted on page 352) to a friend.

Nancy
Sorry, wrong page! The page I meant to put was 357! The machine I posted on page 352 is not going anywhere ever!

Nancy
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Happy Saturday. I have some club sized zucchini so am making some zucchini bread this morning. I will bring some in this afternoon. Look forward to hearing about all the finds you guys did this morning at the garage sales.

Happy hunting! I will be doing yard work and clearing out the sewing room so I can get the crown molding finished and redo the closet and hopefully have room to store my stash. I need to do more quilting instead of buying.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:04 AM
EC

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I need to do more quilting instead of buying.
Isn't it amazing how "hunting" and "buying" can take right over on someone who used to "sew" or "quilt"? !!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:58 AM

Billy,

Don't know if this is your exact vintage longarm machine, but I was looking at all the vintage machines in CA last night on CL (curiosity on the diversity of prices and items out there) and noticed this one.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/tls/1963858213.html
Just $2200, and you only need to drive a couple of thousands of miles.:)
Old 09-25-2010, 09:11 AM

It puzzles me why people think that old sewing machines need to sell for way beyond what they are worth! In my area, most machines sell for at least $100 even if they are in horrible condition. :( For example this one on Craig's list.

http://austin.craigslist.org/atq/1915239572.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/atq/1970040993.html
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 AM

Here is another vintage longarms:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/1961375432.html
Old 09-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Went to an estate sale today. Bought a Singer, model 15, for $15. It works well but missing the key to the case. I have another Singer in a similar case so hoping key will work with both. She was born on Apr 8, 1953. DH said to buy it but only with my money and not his (aka checkbook.) Gotta find room for this one along with my others. Couldn't believe the asking price and that it was still there on the 2nd day of the sale. People must be blind for it not to have been bought already. Wooden case in excellent shape and no smell. YEAH!!!!!