Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
These people are nuts -- the ad says $150, but when you bring it up they are asking $300 and look at the so called cabinet!

I should send them a picture of the Redeye I bought yesterday for $50 and ask them if they really think they are going to get $300! Geeze!

Nancy
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Went to an estate sale today. Bought a Singer, model 15, for $15. It works well but missing the key to the case. I have another Singer in a similar case so hoping key will work with both. She was born on Apr 8, 1953. DH said to buy it but only with my money and not his (aka checkbook.) Gotta find room for this one along with my others. Couldn't believe the asking price and that it was still there on the 2nd day of the sale. People must be blind for it not to have been bought already. Wooden case in excellent shape and no smell. YEAH!!!!!
Congratulations on your find today!

Nancy
Old 09-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Anybody know where I can get a manual for my Singer 15-125?
TIA for any help.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Anybody know where I can get a manual for my Singer 15-125?
TIA for any help.
Here is a link to a copy of the Manual for a Singer Model 15 and other Singer Models.

Nancy

http://sewing-machines.blogspot.com/...e-manuals.html
Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 PM

These people are nuts -- the ad says $150, but when you bring it up they are asking $300 and look at the so called cabinet!

I should send them a picture of the Redeye I bought yesterday for $50 and ask them if they really think they are going to get $300! Geeze!

Nancy[/quote]

It was interesting reading the ads, some are asking a lot of money for sad looking machines. There are some interesting machines in your area, lucky you. Did you pick up that Crinkle machine that the guy said he was going to throw away?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
JAM

I have a Pennecrest 3000 (1965) and would like to get a quilting walking foot for this machine. I think it has a low shank and wonder if they make a universal one to fit the older models. This one has cams for embroidery stitches,a buttonholer, and 3 position needle. I hope you will be able to help me. Thanks so much,Jeanne
Old 09-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JAM
I have a Pennecrest 3000 (1965) and would like to get a quilting walking foot for this machine. I think it has a low shank and wonder if they make a universal one to fit the older models. This one has cams for embroidery stitches,a buttonholer, and 3 position needle. I hope you will be able to help me. Thanks so much,Jeanne
If it is a low shank then any universal or low shank walking foot should work. I think Hancocks and JoAnns carries them even Walmart.

Did you get the cams to go with the machine? It sounds like yo have a wonderful machine and if you would like to post photos of it we would love to see it!!

Billy
Old 09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Billy,

Don't know if this is your exact vintage longarm machine, but I was looking at all the vintage machines in CA last night on CL (curiosity on the diversity of prices and items out there) and noticed this one.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/tls/1963858213.html
Just $2200, and you only need to drive a couple of thousands of miles.:)
No that one isnt like mine but man they are proud of it!

Billy
Old 09-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice, but you guys should know Billy is just the best when it comes to parts for your vintage machines!

Nancy
Thank you for saying that Nancy I try my best to get what everyone needs at a fair price. But look what you have done now you have me blushing..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :-D

Billy
Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Hi! My name is Beth and I'm new here. I'm not sure if this is where I write my post or not. LOL!!!
I found this Board the other day while looking for something else and noticed the Vintage Machine section. I've been reading ever since.
About 12 years ago I found my Singer treadle at a garage sale for $25.00. We put the belt on and it worked but I've never done anything with it.
I cannot find out what kind it is. The serial number is 3149690 which makes year of issue 1879 but there is a panel next to the needle bar that says "Patented USA Aug 2nd 92".
I meant to take pix earlier when it was light out but forgot.
Shopped today for the cleaning items and a leather shoelace to replace the belt I broke last night :( (It was really brittle.)
Thanks for the GREAT board!
Beth