Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Housework vs. Quilting >

Housework vs. Quilting

Housework vs. Quilting

Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 AM

you wrote: I don't even know where most of those people are these days. What a waste of time!
I like you did it all Martha Stewart way for many years, and then finally wondered why we never got a return invitation, I did all the parties etc. as it turned out they all wanted to come to our house, I guess I know why. Now I just fuss when I have to have company from out of town..it's a lot of work, money and time which I would rather spend on quilting...
Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Housework is not just calling my name, it is yelling at me from all over the house. I keep my kitchen and bathrooms clean, the rest can wait until after quilting time or when someone is coming for a visit. I am going to be switching shifts to afternoon next month and have promised to do at least one cleaning task before quilting, but have promised myself at least an hour in my sewing room before work. Sorry to be so long winded.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Anyone familiar with "The Flylady" book? Love it! I would like to start a topic on this subject. She is the ultimate cleaning-organizer!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Yes, but I don't let it stop me. I quilt for a while and then stop at some designated time. Then I go finish a task I've told myself I'll do, then go back to sewing, then cleaning, you get the idea. I get to do both things, and I accomplish more than I would have if I had just cleaned and not quilted. It makes for a great day.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 AM

see? I have been on here already, 4 hours! and house cleaning is calling to me, quilting is calling, crocheting too, now the TV gotta watch what I recorded last night!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by mamaw
Am I the only one who cannot relax and quilt if there is any housework calling my name??
Inquiring mind would like to know.
I just tell the housework to mind it;s own business, I am quilting!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Clean house, what is that.... I can't relax if there is quilting to do. Life is to short to worry about cleaning. It took me a lot of years to learn this.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM

My husband also says that we should have company more often, the the house would get a good cleaning. Love my quilting.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Some people love to clean, but I've never been more of them. I hate dusting. I have to wet dust because of alllergies. I do vaccumm regularly because I have strings throughout the house. My kitchen and bathroom have to be clean. I love to cook so now all I have to do is find a husband that likes to clean, lol.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM

I can't sew if I have housework to do. There are days when I don't feel like doing the housework so my concentration/motivation/heart isn't there for sewing either and I can't justify sewing over housework.

Yes, it's a process I'm working thru. One day I'll regain that freedom of just letting the dishes sit so I can sew without guilt, but for now.........................