Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Housework vs. Quilting >

Housework vs. Quilting

Housework vs. Quilting

Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 PM

I hate housework, but i hate having a dirty kitchen worse. I have 5 kids at home, 4 are under 7. When I finish one end of the house the kids just move to that location and it looks like I still need to straighten up in there. Lots of kids...3 labs...big house...parts of my house are clean at certain times..sewing area is always in stages of projects i'm working on.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 PM

I like my house to be clean and my flower beds tended....but if I am making a quilt to give for a special occasion, everything else goes by the wayside til I finish my quilt.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM

You know at our age after 60++ we only have so much cleaning that really has to be done anymore, thank the Dear Lord the kids are grown and gone, and all we have left is the house to tend too, and now that there is no one to mess it up, except the dogs and cats, it doesn't get too dirty. Now those gardens and the weeds just don't know when to stop growing, and here in Fl. it's all year long, unless we have another cold winter like last year, hoping we won't. Would rather have the weeds growing, than the cold.When it's in your blood, it justcan't be stopped.
Well happy sewing/quilting & machine embrodiery you all. I do lots of that with my quilts.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:00 AM

I let mine pile up then take a week to mega clean. today I did my kitchen, got my table back! hehehe, been using it for quilting and decided all was to go to the sewing room I fixed up a few weeks ago! so now next is the computer room.

I will have it clean before my son does come home!(per last message, son is coming home in a few weeks from Iraq and want it clean, not military clean of course)>

oh and by the way I have an 80 x 14 mobile home, 3 derms, kitchen 2 baths. And it really doesn't take long to clean this little home. its just the clutter, which I noticed just today! now I am through, QUILTING TIME!!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by mamaw
Am I the only one who cannot relax and quilt if there is any housework calling my name??
Inquiring mind would like to know.
I think I'm just the opposite. I can't be doing housework if I have quilting waiting.
:lol:

Right now, the quilting project has spilled over into the dining area and the laundry room. The iron is blinking to remind me that it's still plugged in, I have cutting spread out on the snackbar, and the table is covered with pieces waiting to be assembled. Let's not talk about the dust that has settled on top of furniture.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:37 AM

mamaw, that sounds about right! so now I am going to do my quilting as soon as I get off here!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
yes, call before dropping in! hey! I cleaned my living room!

and here is another thing, I want my house to be "ship shape" before my son comes to visit. Just came from Iraq and want it to be kinda not over run with material and stuff! so I have about 3 weeks to get it done, Haven't seen him in about 9 months, so excited. but other than him and my other sons, well quilting or crocheting is what keeps me going.
there used to be an old saying, but just not able to remember it. Cluttered house. clean mind, something like that. well what you see is what you get! I will make a path and the rest will take care of itself!
Please give him an extra hug for me....my way of saying "Thank You!"
Old 10-01-2010, 03:18 AM

thanks momssmurf, love the name!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Momsmurf
Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
yes, call before dropping in! hey! I cleaned my living room!

and here is another thing, I want my house to be "ship shape" before my son comes to visit. Just came from Iraq and want it to be kinda not over run with material and stuff! so I have about 3 weeks to get it done, Haven't seen him in about 9 months, so excited. but other than him and my other sons, well quilting or crocheting is what keeps me going.
there used to be an old saying, but just not able to remember it. Cluttered house. clean mind, something like that. well what you see is what you get! I will make a path and the rest will take care of itself!
Please give him an extra hug for me....my way of saying "Thank You!"
Yes, and a hug and a big "Bien merci" from this Cajun girl. We do appreciate his dedication and service and your sacrifice. He won't see what you call clutter. It will be Heaven to him.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:17 AM

well I don't want it to look too "disorganized" hehehehehe
and thanks, it will be heaven to him!