Where You Live

Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Anxious to get outta dodge! From Louisiana and going back there soon after first of year. Just no place like home! And no crawfish!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by dglvr
I don't love where I live. I grew up in the trees and mountains.
How did I end up in the middle of a wheatfield. I don't dust my house I dedirt it. All the time. Its just dirty country here.
When I get back to the trees I wanna get out and hug all of them. :?
Oh, I just gotta know, where in Eastern WA do you live????
Old 09-30-2010, 03:37 PM

I live in central Maine and have all my life. We built our house in 1968 and we are still in it. Have 25 acres and plenty of elbow room..I love living here (except the winters)! I hate the cold months but the summers are great and this year it seemed to go on forever. My daughter and her family moved to Phoenix AZ ten yrs ago and I miss seeing them. It's quite possible that a move to AZ is possible at some point but I'm not ready at this point. I have a number of good friends I'd sure hate to leave.
Ask me this same question in February, I may have a plane ticket in hand! LOL
Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM

I had always wanted to go to alaska and I finally got to about three years ago. I absolutely loved it there and would love to live there, in Juno
Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM

We live in "upstate" New York at the base of the catskill mountains and the shawangunk mountains. Not too far from West Point. We're close enough to NYC to see a play or show; about 1 and 1/2 hours. Its really pretty here but getting very crowded. Many are moving here from the Bronx. I daydream about moving when we retire, but we will see. We have good friends and the kids are here. I'd love to live in Idaho - its in the middle of all the states I love and I also love Alaska. Darn, I love the beach in Massachusetts too. I think we will have to travel about like my parents did for 10 years. That's my super dream.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:11 PM

got outa Dodge about 5 months after highschool graduation just after getting married. Went back for a year then left again...raised 3 kids and was working on the grandkids then got outta Dodge again to the Southwest. Love it here but looking forward to someday moving back to Dodge...(either one WV or OH) some day.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM

Born a Jersey girl, and loved living there. All those stories about how awful NJ is - we make them up so people won't move here!

The big problem with NJ is the taxes. (Those stories are true!) Had to move to SC where the taxes are much lower. We love our home and have become 'vacation central' for the rest of the family who are still in NJ. Nonetheless, we go back and forth to NJ at least monthly because we haven't sold the NJ house yet. My sister lives in it and pays the taxes for us - we both benefit from that!

Hint for anyone thinking of moving to a different state: Rent a house or apartment for 6 months in the city and state you're thinking of moving to. If you like it, then move. If you don't, you just go back home.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM

I've lived in MO, KS, VA, CA and Idaho. We had been stationed here in Idaho before we were PCSed to VA. When DH was medically retired, we knew we wanted to come back here to live. Albeit, not the town we're in now, but about 50 miles or so west.

At the time there was just no way for us to be able to afford anything that would house all of us, so we're here, but come 2 years and 11 months, we're moving... well I say we are, but I've given it up to God and he'll decide when the time is right for us.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM

I finally live in a beautiful place where I can have any size dog I want. I have a huge malamute/Shephard/Wolf. Yukon King is my service dog. I always had cats, as a renter, but this is MY dirt now! I love my life, my DH, my dog, and my cat. (OK, I love his critters too!)

We have to watch him in a high wind with those ears!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104251[/ATTACH]

Bruno is all black except for one white whisker.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104252[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-104246.jpe
Views:	7
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	104251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-104247.jpe
Views:	8
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	104252  
Old 09-30-2010, 06:49 PM

I am totally in love where I live. It's pretty rural, desert. The whole county is 4000 people. I know my neighbors. Going to the grocery store is like a place to meet friends. It's quiet at night. The air is clear. I don't lock my door. My kitty is allowed to go outside and play at her will. The sky is dark at night and the stars are beautiful. It takes literally minutes to be in wilderness. It's a fantastic place and nuthin' can get me out of here!