Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Do you have a Bendable Light for your sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers? >

Do you have a Bendable Light for your sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers?

Do you have a Bendable Light for your sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:05 AM

The description on the product says "NON"magnetic. It is not magnetic.

I have one and I want another one to attach to the right side of my machine. The sticky tape it comes with is a one time use. I put the base on wrong the first time. Had to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some "permanent" mounting squares...works perfect.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by freezeframe03
The description on the product says "NON"magnetic. It is not magnetic.

I have one and I want another one to attach to the right side of my machine. The sticky tape it comes with is a one time use. I put the base on wrong the first time. Had to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some "permanent" mounting squares...works perfect.
I've got one too. I bought it because the light switch on my older Bernina is faulty. The one I have is non magnetic, it has a little round mounting pad that is sticky backed. I bought two extra so that I can use it on my Featherweights, as the lights on them get incredibly hot, and this little bendy light stays very cool. The instructions for the mounting brackets say that they are removable 'Apply a few drops of Goo Gone - let set for 2 mins., to soften adhesive. Lift the bracket slowly, once removed , set aside with the adhesive side up, for 15 minns. After the Goo Gone has evaporated, the bracket can be reapplied.'
I thought the light was a reasonable price, but extra bracket kits were $9.95, and that seemed steep to me.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:41 AM

I love mine. I think I could sew at night with just that light. Mine came from the web site, bendable bright lite
Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 AM

yes I have one on my quilting machine and my friend put it there and it didn't cost much at all....keep looking and you'll find one cheaper
Old 10-02-2010, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by auntmag
I have one and I love it. I don't know how I ever sewed without it. It lights up the area in front of the needle.
Ditto to that! Money very well spent!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:10 AM

The instructions for the mounting brackets say that they are removable 'Apply a few drops of Goo Gone - let set for 2 mins., to soften adhesive. Lift the bracket slowly, once removed , set aside with the adhesive side up, for 15 minns. After the Goo Gone has evaporated, the bracket can be reapplied.'
I thought the light was a reasonable price, but extra bracket kits were $9.95, and that seemed steep to me.
That's too much trouble for me. Easier to just buy a new pad.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:17 AM

I have one but I guess I'm different. I think it's TOO bright and it hurts my eyes most of the time. My eyes have always been sensitive to bright lights so maybe its just me. I do love my Ott lights!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:49 AM

I bought a differnt brand name from Joanns..uses a sticky tape thing..it is a pain to use..it keeps coming out of the bracket and falling on the bed of the machine when i move the arm of it. the batteries are heavy maybe for it..and the clasp to hold it on the bracket, must be cheaply made.
soooo i would love to get the one Bendable light to try it out!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
SC

Yes, I have one. Don't know what I ever did without it!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:49 AM

I bought mine a couple years ago and it was definetly money well spent. I'm too cheap to buy extra brackets tho. I think they are way over priced. But the bendable light...I love it, and would buy another one.