Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilted Post card from Izy >

Quilted Post card from Izy

Quilted Post card from Izy

Old 08-24-2008, 02:48 PM

Cor Izy, you are bubbling girl. So full of ideas. You need to write all those down so I can pinch them.
:D :D
Elle
Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Forget Sappho.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Izy

Elle....they are written down here :D :lol:
Cordelia...I presume 'Sappho' is a liquid of enibriation (sp.?) ????? I hope your creative juices are flowing now :D

Con-Blond ...I went up in a hot air balloon over the valley of the kings in Egypt....fantastic until we crash landed in some poor farmers animal pen!! :shock:
Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Con-Blond ...I went up in a hot air balloon over the valley of the kings in Egypt....fantastic until we crash landed in some poor farmers animal pen!! :shock:
That sounds like a wild hot air balloon ride!!! Hope no one was hurt!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Izy

No thankfully, but wasn't much fun ending up in a ravine with about 12 Egyptian guys jumping all over the basket to get it back up straight :shock: :shock: Beautiful views, we went up at the crack of dawn to watch the sun rise over the valley....amazing memory!! Wish I had a picture, but used videocam and not sure how to transfer it to laptop, maybe I should have a play this afternoon then you can all see!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 AM

8-27-08

Hello Izy and to all the Quilter`s who made these very nice and creative Quilted Post Cards !! I think they`re great !! Very Special too.

Happy Quilting to everyone out there !

Fr: Calif.Stitcher 46
Old 08-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Izy

Thanks for the compliments Califor.quilter46 :D
Old 08-27-2008, 11:48 AM

:D

Hi Izy, Just read your message. Thanks ! It`s nice to chat with someone so far away. The Internet is really something. I still plan to make a Quilted Post Card. I still have to buy those Blank Cards. So far I`ve just made Fabric Decorated Greeting Cards. I fuse the Fabric`s and Trim`s with Heat`Bond, then iron it to the Card Stock-Paper. Or to anything else you want to decorate that way. Maybe you have fused fabric`s too ? I also like Art`s & Craft`s also. One of the member`s in my Quilt Guild [ SFVQA ] has received some Quilted P/C`s from other countries. We live in the West San Fernando Valley in So. California, USA. It is nice that people like to exchange there Works of Art Internationaly besides localy. Haven`t been doing alot of sewing lately during this hot weather. Still have several un-finished Quilt-Wall Hangings to complete !! Ha, ha.....Famous last words !! Best Wishes to You and All. Barb
Old 08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Izy

I know exactly what you mean about quilting in the heat, I think we probably have similar weather....hot hot hot!!

I used 'Timtex' which is doublefusible interfacing, and for the back of the card I used white cotton, you can print it off, but my printer was playing up so I just drew the details by hand!! I have had such fun with these postcards, there are about another 8 floating around in the postal system somewhere, I might just post the pictures as I am now think maybe they have got lost....oh I hope not :( I sent out these postcards to thank all my friends here on the QuiltingBoard who very kindly sent over lots of fabric donationsfor myself and my quilting group as we have great difficulty in getting any decent supplies here in Southern Spain. They are a great bunch :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 PM

Wow that is awesome. I'd love to go to New Mexcio when they have their big festival. They have them once in a while in Colorado but I've never gotten to go. Very envious of you....