very concerned customer

Old 09-05-2010, 08:36 PM

I ship via USPS because it is convenient since we live in the country. ALso use media mail to save costs for my customers. Fortunately, they all arrive quickly. I am not even going to sell anything in NOvember or december. LOL.
In all fairness to the post office, having worked there 8 years while a single mom, money was good. It only takes a human to throw the box in the wrong bin and not walk over to correct it and off it goes to the wrong place. SO like any other business, you can't really blame the owners but the person. Life happens. SO my wish would be that anyone working would take personal pride in their work and do the best, this would prevent all kinds of issues. ANd the world would be a better place...really?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:28 AM

ALL UPS shipping is insured, so if the hogs got your meds, you are entitled to a replacement at UPS' expense. Not much help if you need them right away, but still.
Also the first $100 of insurance is free on UPS. I have an account with them so living in the country is not a problem, I can get them to stop by when I have a pickup.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM

I got a notification from my bank that my car payment was late. Checked the checkbook to make sure I had sent it. Yep. had not cleared my bank so I sent another check for 2 payments out. 3 weeks later I get the first check back and envelope says return to sender for lack of postage. Stamp was on envelope when I mailed it. It was handed to the mail clerk and hand canceled in front of me. You could see half circle on the envelope. When I asked what happened the Postmaster shrugged and I had to pay a late fee. I have to take my mail to the post office because I have watched the delivery lady drive right by my box with the flag up.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:31 PM

I once mailed a car payment to a bank that was only about 5 blocks away from the mailbox I put the letter in, I was just too lazy to walk to the bank and I was mailing it in plenty of time. Well, it took over a month to get there AND I was charged a late fee.

Never did that again!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:48 AM

Our p.o.wont deliver to my actual address. They killed the adress years ago. So I have to rent a box. If something for some reason wont send to a p.o.box I have to give my landlords adress and he brings to me. Saying that: I am always asking the 2 guys who work at the p.o. was some one doing a wacky tobaccy again. They constantly put mail in the wrong boxes. If I am expecting something to come and I don't receive it , I have to have them search the boxes around mine. And 95% of the time ,it was put into some one elses box. The P.O. is getting very unreliable where I live!!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 AM

Do NOT doubt her!!!! I had some medical supplies sent from Portland, Oregon to where I live -- 3-4 hours away and it took a week!!! That was a week AFTER it was shipped!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:14 AM

Kelley did you ever get your package?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 AM

If it was a book I always mail media mail. It is suppoed to be slow but mine usually get there fast.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:24 AM

I recently ordered from Harbor Freight, and they sent the order the 28th of last month. I just got it yesterday, went from Fed Ex to regular mail. Came to my po in town where it sat for a week until they got to sorting it
Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 AM

I mailed cards to family in WA from CA the same time I mailed a box to Iraq. The box got there first. Go figure.

I would allow more time for your items to arrive before thinking its a problem.