Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 AM

I'm still working on the charity projects for Christmas. I have a quilt to make for a 14 yr. old girl only about a 1/4 done and a top for a 17 yr.old boy done. Then I have a couple more things to finish and I can start on my family projects. Time sure is moving FAST! Not sure what to make all my sisters this year. I've done everything I can think of. Any suggestions???
Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 AM

This is what's so great about an embroidery machine....I am quilting my "Kawasaki Green" quilt as we speak (write?). It takes about 2 minutes per square counting hooping, so I have about a 1/2 hour to go and I will be done with that part, then on to the binding. All this to be done by the time the NASCAR race starts at 3, then Phillies at 8, then bed. Have to go....time to rehoop.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 AM

I'm making potato bags--the kind you put in the microwave. I also am hoping to make aprons. Got several throw size quilts ready for quilting. I'll give what ever I get made and continue to work on the rest for next Christmas---have decided to work on Christmas all next year.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:48 AM

I am making my first quilting project.....zigzag table top :)
Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 AM

I'm thinking of making corn and tortilla bags for this year.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:58 AM

Making quilted Christmas tree ornaments. Have so many GC and GGC that the tree ornaments with special boxes that I bought them for their collection, are fun for me and they look forward to hanging their own collections. Then when it is time to leave the nest, they have their collection to take to the new home.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:01 AM

Love the making a noose and hanging idea!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? What are you making? Please show us pictures and if you found the pattern online please share the link with us so we can all enjoy making cool things!
lap robes, pillows, (multiple patterns from various areas).
A fully lined tote bag from two blocks of different patterns I tried..my own pattern (just "winged it.)
A rag doll of my own design dressed & with my pattern to be passed down for my granddaughter who's learning to sew.
A teddy bear which is also my own design with moveable legs
and the list goes on...3 kids, 15 grandchildren, 4 greats & one more great on the way for January. You get the picture! :-)
Old 10-10-2010, 06:14 AM

I had to finish up birthday and Halloween stuff so am now starting Christmas. I've done a bit all year but with the grandkids, what they like can chance at a moments notice! I've got a list of maybes and possibles but don't really know what all I'll get done. I'm still working on my dtr's quilt. I need to cut out the sashing and add that in then see about having it quilted. We started a Memory Quilt for my mom at her 80th birthday celebration and that's gonna take priority so it can get done by Christmas! Sew much to do...sew little time!!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingaz
I am making a quilt for my parents bed. It is from a pattern in F&P mag, but am having to change size to fit bed, so not sure exactly what it will turn out to be. It is all done in blue batik. Of course, this week I am finishing quilts for DGD's BD, and one for SIL. Leaving next week for Oregon for MIL's memorial service and need to have those 3 done to take plus mini for GD's dolly. Then when we return our house should be finished and we will be moving out of our 5th wheel into a real house with a real sewing room. I have spent last 13 months in this tiny house trying to make big quilts!
We've lived in a motor home with no pull-outs for 11 years. I am so happy for you to get space & a sewing room!! I've been using our community center here.