Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:26 AM

I am making placemats and tablerunners for my 3 sisters, a quilt for a very good freind and odds and ends for give aways. I usually only have one project going at a time, but that flew out the window a few months ago! Will post pictures when finished.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:34 AM

Gosh, where do I start? Presently I am finishing stuff for a craft fair, finishing and starting some Christmas gifts, thinking (only thinking) about Christmas cookies or pound cakes for neighbors and others, and you know, the usual daily stuff (or not). If I worked every hour every day, I think I might finish. Bless all of you who make it sound like "its okay, I'll get it done, no worries"; love it (also love the noose idea). Thank you all for making me feel that I am not alone this busy time of year.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 AM

I am making table toppers for my family. I got the pattern from a friend.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 AM

When you write down the # of days and you read 77 ,you than realize time is very short. The only thing I'm working on is my first queen size quilt for Daughter & her Hubby with a Valance to match. I only started learning quilting 2 months ago. And most of my other gifts are bought. I shop after the holidays when things go down in price even further than the holiday sales. I must say I save alot of money. The only ones I don't buy for early is the children. That's last minute because they change their minds often.Good Luck to all in completion of your quilting list. Cut, cut , sew, sew quilters work is never done
Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 AM

I am making table toppers for my family. I got the pattern from a friend.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 AM

Ladies,

2 words: Gift Cards

I've read about "Santa's Sweatshop" on other sewing lists.

Please- be kind to yourself and relax.

Make your Quilts Special and not just another gift that may or may not be used and treasured.

Just my 2 cents.

Susan
NJ
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 AM

I have two extra days because we aren't celebrating till my daughter and her new husband get into town. I let the other kids vote and they decided it wouldn't be as much fun without Meghan and Erich home! :) The kids are doing "secret siblings", but we added our two new sons so we are up to 6 and Santa will still leave their ornaments on the tree. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

My favorite gift I am making is a quilt with owls for my oldest daughter Heather. I can't wait to see her face!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Google Goddess

here is a link so you can keep track of # of days until Christmas or other specific holidays by your time zone

http://christmas.whipnet.net/kids/timeleft.html
Old 10-10-2010, 07:38 AM

Quiltingaz, I do hope that you will post a pic of your blue quilt, or could you EM it to me? I desperately need to make my Mom a blue quilt and giving it as a Christmas gift would be perfect! I can't seem to get it started, I'm unable to decide on the pattern for it. I pray that your project will kick my rear into gear to get the darned thing going!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:39 AM

I need some ideas, also.