Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 PM

My son just married a wonderful girl with a 5 year old daughter, so I just finished a quilt top for her and am just starting to pin baste it. I found the pattern in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting Magazine Jan/Feb 2010 called Anna Lena. It's an appliqued quilt with 12 little girl's dresses made out of different fabrics and each individually embellished with buttons, beads and trims. It really turned out well and I can hardly wait to see how she likes it. After having three boys and 4 grandsons, I'm delighted to finally get to add some frills to my sewing and quilting. If I could figure out a way to add a picture of it I would. If anyone knows a way to do so, please tell me.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
My son just married a wonderful girl with a 5 year old daughter, so I just finished a quilt top for her and am just starting to pin baste it. I found the pattern in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting Magazine Jan/Feb 2010 called Anna Lena. It's an appliqued quilt with 12 little girl's dresses made out of different fabrics and each individually embellished with buttons, beads and trims. It really turned out well and I can hardly wait to see how she likes it. After having three boys and 4 grandsons, I'm delighted to finally get to add some frills to my sewing and quilting. If I could figure out a way to add a picture of it I would. If anyone knows a way to do so, please tell me.

What a lovely gift to give your new granddaughter! You are a special grandmother!!! :-) I hope you can add a picture. I would love to your quilt.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:45 PM

I just changed my avatar and it looks like there's a way to upload, so here goes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-95619.jpe
Views:	200
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	95624  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 PM

It is beautiful! She is going to love it and so is her mommy!

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
I just changed my avatar and it looks like there's a way to upload, so here goes.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 PM

That is a lovely quilt. I wish I was brave enough to start one like that. Although I have a Family Gathering Tree Quilt that I am going to work on one of these days. I have 60 some pictures for it and have made 58 blocks. The pictures are all in diamond shape. I have to go back and correct some of the names and dates because I made the mistake of sewing through some of them. I have to change out about 4 pictures because they just don't look like the people they are supposed to be.
Will someone teach me to be short and to the point.
Henri
Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

I'm making a list of what to have made by NEXT Christmas! I simply won't get them done for this one! Those who would have gotten a quilt are getting tie fleece blankets, others are getting gifts certificates. (Kids will be out of state so will have a quiet Christmas ---- I think)

Originally Posted by craftybear
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? What are you making? Please show us pictures and if you found the pattern online please share the link with us so we can all enjoy making cool things!

How long 'til Christmas?

77 Days

14 Hours

44 Minutes

...But who's counting?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 PM

I JUST LOVE THIS!! I have a 5-yr.-old granddaughter that would love a quilt like this. I made her a quilt for Christmas last year but might try my hand at this one for her birthday in February. I'll try to attach a picture of her quilt for you. You did such a wonderful job on this!! I love the colors too!!

Alina's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96107[/ATTACH]

Alina's Quilt (Detail)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96108[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-96102.jpe
Views:	49
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	96107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-96103.jpe
Views:	59
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	96108  
Old 10-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Yes I have, in fact they will be early Christmas presents as I have make 8 christmas table runners and want them to enjoy them for the holiday season so they are going to get them next week. Have a great week and happy quilting.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:02 PM

The reply I just entered was meant as a reply for your wonderful "Dresses" quilt. I should have copied the reply with it. Sorry!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by msuewhite
I JUST LOVE THIS!! I have a 5-yr.-old granddaughter that would love a quilt like this. I made her a quilt for Christmas last year but might try my hand at this one for her birthday in February. I'll try to attach a picture of her quilt for you. You did such a wonderful job on this!! I love the colors too!!
Maybe I will eventually figure all this out! I meant to say I just love 4uluvfabrics "Dresses" quilt. I am so very much impressed with it!! I am showing the one I made for my Granddaughter. Hope I cleared up the confusion--or am I the only one who is confused? LOL!!