Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Dee

Time is flying by. Just starting to get things ready for sewing. I'm going to make DH quilt first. This year is pulling off calendar pages-it seems-every day.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Hey Carol I to used to live in a Winnebago for two years and moved i9nto our house last March. I;m so happy to finally have a house again. I have a real sewing room again. Love it. I'm a country girl that moved to town with about 10,000 people. I really like to convinces of loving in town but miss living in a small town of 365. There I knew everyone. now just a few. I can't get over living in a subdivision and only know three or four neighbors. But I stay busy making quilts, sewing, crocheting and reading. I even got to join a quilting guild. I also take quilting classes once a week. I guess it averages out huh. I'm trying to make each of the five children a quilt each. I have two ready to be quilted. I met someone who has a long-arm machine in case I can't get them all quilted by Xmas. Wish me luck.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
My son just married a wonderful girl with a 5 year old daughter, so I just finished a quilt top for her and am just starting to pin baste it. I found the pattern in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting Magazine Jan/Feb 2010 called Anna Lena. It's an appliqued quilt with 12 little girl's dresses made out of different fabrics and each individually embellished with buttons, beads and trims. It really turned out well and I can hardly wait to see how she likes it. After having three boys and 4 grandsons, I'm delighted to finally get to add some frills to my sewing and quilting. If I could figure out a way to add a picture of it I would. If anyone knows a way to do so, please tell me.
What a wonderful quilt! Maybe I'll have a granddaughter one day, after two sons, it would be fun to sew for a little girl!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Aw. I feel cheated. The in-laws have a no gift policy this year (kids excepted, but the only kids are mine so, no one to make for)
My own family is far away. Must make things to post to my mother and sister though- I can just put my all into those two projects......
You should surprise you in-laws with some small item.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
OH YES! My pile of diddley and squat is growing by leaps and bounds. lol
i am sitting her giggling at your comment cuz it is cute and it about describes my projects it just doesnt help i have 3 baby quilts to do well at least one is half done and i do have 2 wallhangings done only about 10 more to do arghghhhh
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM
lue

Well, I have a twin size Log Cabin to finish by Nov 26th for my granddaughter's 7th birthday, 2 twin size applique quilts for each of my 2 grandchildren, and 2 queen size quilts for my 2 daughters. Maybe I should just forget all the quilts & join Madquilter in accepting that didley and squat may not get done or join Trupeach1 in making something to put me out of my misery. I'm definitely helping Lady Crafter take away Craftybear's COUNTER!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 PM

Quilt tops are all made...but all need quilting...I had hoped to load one in the frame this weekend....but finished machine quilting a wall hanging instead...Need to make potato bags and pot holders...lots of embroidery to do too.....
someone needs to get the counter quickly from craftybear before she causes someone to have a massive heart attack....Then we would never get finished....HA
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM

My 98 year old grandpa passed away on Oct 1st, so I asked my aunt if I could have his shirts. My plan is to make some sort of small-sized lap quilts for family members. Any suggestions?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Originally Posted by craftybear
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? What are you making? Please show us pictures and if you found the pattern online please share the link with us so we can all enjoy making cool things!

How long 'til Christmas?
77 Days
14 Hours
44 Minutes
...But who's counting?
Ugh!!! Someone take that counter away from craftybear!
I totally agree with you. time is pressing enough without knowing the exact amount. lol. I have three quilts and a couple of table runners I want to do. Two of the quilts are for my children. and I have a little extra time, as we don't have our family Christmas until the first week or two of Jan. when our son gets to come home. He is in retail and dan't get here at Christmas, lives about 500 miles from us. So I have a lttle leeway on at least two of the quilts. If I don't get these two done, there is always next year right? They will be memory quilt with pics. of each from infancy until current , and the son and daughter quote panels on them. I am still trying to decide just how I want to put them together all ideas and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, no pressure from Crafty Bear, just a reminder lol.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 PM

Hi,

you know I have to take care of all of you, you might not realize how close Christmas is away

Take care and Happy Quilting!

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? What are you making? Please show us pictures and if you found the pattern online please share the link with us so we can all enjoy making cool things!

We know Crafty Bear. Thanks I really do need a keeper, and I appreciate you watching after all of us. What are you making by the way?

How long 'til Christmas?
77 Days
14 Hours
44 Minutes
...But who's counting?
Ugh!!! Someone take that counter away from craftybear!