Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Book - Highly Recommend >

Quilt Book - Highly Recommend

Quilt Book - Highly Recommend

Old 10-10-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by CindyinNY
They must know we're looking. The cheapest price I just saw was $22.46. Too expensive for me.
I think you are right. I have been looking at Amazon and there the cheapest price I think is around $16 used. I will keep looking. Supply and demand. Gets us everytime. LOL
Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by fishnlady
They must know we're looking. The cheapest price I just saw was $22.46. Too expensive for me.
I think you are right. I have been looking at Amazon and there the cheapest price I think is around $16 used. I will keep looking. Supply and demand. Gets us everytime. LOL
There has been a run on this book, and the sellers caught on apparently and unfortunately. Wow. What a fish, and it's not just a story - you have proof. I'd love to visit Alaska - maybe someday!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
UPDATE - I just looked on Amazon.com and new is $10.90 and used is $2.78 per book. WELL worth it at either price.
I just checked Amazon & that book is now unavailable. You girls must have bought them out. LOL
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sewslow
Originally Posted by trif
Wow, that's a great price on the book with so much info available. Thanks for sharing.
I Googled it and got it on Valore Books for $2.84 plus $3.95 shipping - a total of $6.79.
When you get it, please share how you like it. It will be interesting to see all the comments from the people who ordered. Hope everyone is pleased. I'd hate to be the cause of disappointment, although I don't think that will happen.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 PM

Hasn't she published another one recently?
Too lazy to check right at the moment.... :oops: :roll:
Old 10-10-2010, 10:21 PM

There has been a run on this book, and the sellers caught on apparently and unfortunately. Wow. What a fish, and it's not just a story - you have proof. I'd love to visit Alaska - maybe someday!!!
Yes, that is why we came to Alaska. We love to go fishing and what better place. I caught a near 40 pound King Salmon this summer in the Klutina River. I was so thrilled to catch it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-97013.jpe
Views:	58
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	97018  
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM

I just found it on e-bay. $9.99 + $4.00 shipping=$13.99. Not too bad.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 AM

[

Yes, that is why we came to Alaska. We love to go fishing and what better place. I caught a near 40 pound King Salmon this summer in the Klutina River. I was so thrilled to catch it.
Not to get off the subject or anything like that: but that is some fish. How do you prepare it?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
I am so in love with this book, that I thought I would share it with the group since I have not seen it mentioned on here (at least since I became a member a few months ago).

Name of book: "The It's Okay If You Sit On My Quilt Book" by Mary Ellen Hopkins.

It has over 350 different block designs of all different "patches", trees, roads, crosses, butterflies, etc, instructions on how to set a design "on point", diagonal sets, and on and on. There is also graph paper pages, how to figure the number of blocks needed, and much more.

This is a wonderful and inexpensive book for beginners and for experienced with 111 pages all filled with blocks like you see in the picture below. I got my book on Amazon used (it was actually like new) for around $10 about a year ago.

The reason I am posting this is because I recently posted a couple of pictures of my Autumn Table Toppers and many wanted to know where to get the pattern. I have sent some the pattern card for it, but this book has similar things and is WAY more economical. I guarantee you will love this book.

Let me know if anyone has one or buys one.
wow they must have caught on that you guys were buying this book, it is now around $24 for new
I just bought one at Amazon within the last 15 minutes, used, in "Like New" condition, plastic comb version, (so that the pages lay flat) for $10 and $3.99 shipping. I've had good luck with buying used books at Amazon, but I always look at the positive percentage rating of the seller. And a special thanks to Sharon for posting this information on the book! :thumbup:
Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 AM

I am so in love with this book, that I thought I would share it with the group since I have not seen it mentioned on here (at least since I became a member a few months ago).

Name of book: "The It's Okay If You Sit On My Quilt Book" by Mary Ellen Hopkins.

It has over 350 different block designs of all different "patches", trees, roads, crosses, butterflies, etc, instructions on how to set a design "on point", diagonal sets, and on and on. There is also graph paper pages, how to figure the number of blocks needed, and much more.

This is a wonderful and inexpensive book for beginners and for experienced with 111 pages all filled with blocks like you see in the picture below. I got my book on Amazon used (it was actually like new) for around $10 about a year ago.

The reason I am posting this is because I recently posted a couple of pictures of my Autumn Table Toppers and many wanted to know where to get the pattern. I have sent some the pattern card for it, but this book has similar things and is WAY more economical. I guarantee you will love this book.

Let me know if anyone has one or buys one.