Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-11-2010, 12:10 AM

My little sister's five children all dance in the "Nutcracker" every year. It is a huge thing practise begins in September. An is intense through November. Anyway I am trying to make copies of the little girl costumes that will fit the 4.5 inch Kelly doll. I hope to sell some at a boutique sponsered by the dance school!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I made coral beaded bracelets this week for a couple people on my list. They came out nice. I like to give a handmade and a store bought gift.
Hey, RG222, what's in the jars in your avatar? Looks yummy!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:56 AM

I can't think about Christmas yet!! First I am making lots of stuff, pillows, wall hangings, angels etc. for a craft show Fri. and Sat. after Thanksgiving. Who knows, I'll probably have some ready made presents after the show. Just hope not too many. Still working on my Great grandson's quilt, almost finished,sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:51 AM

Now this will really sound Obsessive/Compulsive.
I started last year on this year's Christmas presents.
My quilt shop had a really nice Saturday sampler, where you work one square a month for a year, and then you get to put the quilt together. Well, I made four of them, and they finished in June, so I am just finishing the binding on the last quilt.

I have some other smaller projects which I haven't started yet, but will do so soon, I hope. Mostly table runners.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:09 AM

Definitely not obsessive/compusive...sounds smart to me!!!

Originally Posted by marymild
Now this will really sound Obsessive/Compulsive.
I started last year on this year's Christmas presents.
My quilt shop had a really nice Saturday sampler, where you work one square a month for a year, and then you get to put the quilt together. Well, I made four of them, and they finished in June, so I am just finishing the binding on the last quilt.

I have some other smaller projects which I haven't started yet, but will do so soon, I hope. Mostly table runners.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
I just changed my avatar and it looks like there's a way to upload, so here goes.
Adorable - she's going to love it
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lyncat
My 98 year old grandpa passed away on Oct 1st, so I asked my aunt if I could have his shirts. My plan is to make some sort of small-sized lap quilts for family members. Any suggestions?
A rag quilt would be fast and is very nice in cottons; I just made two from batiks and they are so cozy. You can Google 'rag quilt' to get directions.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
msuewhite: Yours is gorgeous too. It's sure fun to have granddaughters to make them for. I'm also going to - or hope to - make a quilt for my 98 year old dad using old pictures of him and his family. He's been fixated on pictures of himself and his parents, so I thought a lap quilt with the old pictures would really keep him warm, in spirit and body.
Thanks so much! There is a long story attached to the gaining of a granddaughter. Suffice it to say that from the death of a sibling she was conceived and born! Otherwise I would have had only one surviving grandson. I am truly blessed!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 AM

Great ideas. Keep them coming. So far I've come up with this.
apron for SIL
I'm gluing pretty plates to candle holders (some will get painted to match the plate) and putting goodies on them.
Making hand scrub. http://lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.bl...gar-scrub.html
Thought about putting scrub in a basket with a cute towel and some lotion and stuff.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:54 AM

My time for making Christmas gifts for the family is even closer. We are having our Christmas at Thanksgiving. Also I am doing a craft shower on Nov. 2oth. I am making two t-shirt quilts for my daughters and two wall hangings. plus I am making table toppers and runners, pocket pals, burpcloths and small cosmetic bags for the show. If anyone has quick projects that cell at craft shows. let me know. Thank you and happy quilting