Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting - ployester >

Batting - ployester

Batting - ployester

Old 10-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

i have used the DREAM GREEN. it is actually made exactly like the fleece you buy at joannes, and where ever. it is easy to needle, washes up just fine...there is no more worry about (fumes) than you have when you toss your fleece vest in the wash...same fabric.
there was no shrinkage, it is warm, lofty; and the price was right.
the only down-side i had with it is...it's green...when i bought it i had to wait till about 4 quilts later before i used it because i was afraid of the green showing through on my light/white fabrics, so i had to finally make a dark quilt so i could try it out. i love the (recycling aspect) of using this batting...just like i buy fleece for quilt backs, vests, socks...i believe in using recycled fabrics. :)the batting and polar fleece are made with the same (ingredients) and process...same stuff, the batting is less (dense/tightly woven)
Old 10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
np3
Power Poster

Good information!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i have used the DREAM GREEN. it is actually made exactly like the fleece you buy at joannes, and where ever. it is easy to needle, washes up just fine...there is no more worry about (fumes) than you have when you toss your fleece vest in the wash...same fabric.
there was no shrinkage, it is warm, lofty; and the price was right.
the only down-side i had with it is...it's green...when i bought it i had to wait till about 4 quilts later before i used it because i was afraid of the green showing through on my light/white fabrics, so i had to finally make a dark quilt so i could try it out. i love the (recycling aspect) of using this batting...just like i buy fleece for quilt backs, vests, socks...i believe in using recycled fabrics. :)the batting and polar fleece are made with the same (ingredients) and process...same stuff, the batting is less (dense/tightly woven)
Thanks for the positive resonse....I have felt it and it does feel so "yummy" soft. Might give it a try...depending on any other input.. :thumbup:

Thank you so much.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 PM

Sounds wonderful! I've heard of the fleece clothing made from recycled plastic, so this is no surprise for me.

One caveat I had with laundering fleece anything, was in my Kenmore stackable dryer, I could not trust it to not singe the fleece, making a hard plastic sandpaper area out of the fuzzy soft fabric. It happened a couple of times on lowest heat setting, so I had to hang all fleece to dry after that lesson. I sold the set when we moved, to avoid moving them, and bought a standard dryer, larger capacity and have not had the problem, even though it is an older dryer, the low heat setting doesn't heat the back of the dryer in the same way to allow a hot spot to develop. A bit off topic, but something to watch out for with any exposed fleece in dryers.