Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have their scissors sharpened? >

Anyone have their scissors sharpened?

Anyone have their scissors sharpened?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM

I think if you send them to Gingher they will sharpen them for free You will need to pay postage. That has been their policy in the past. give it a try.
Traditional
Old 10-13-2010, 05:00 PM

I have a knife/sissor sharpener for my kitchen, used it for my sissors and it works great. The sharpener is one you hold in your hand, looks like a handle, EASY to use. Try this site, mine is the yellow one. My husband gave it to me as a gift, I think he got it from Lowes or HDepot for between $6 and $10. I use it a lot. Shop around it is well worth the price. you can do it yourself for the rest of your life. http://www.accusharp.com/
Old 10-13-2010, 05:00 PM

I have a knife/sissor sharpener for my kitchen, used it for my sissors and it works great. The sharpener is one you hold in your hand, looks like a handle, EASY to use. Try this site, mine is the yellow one. My husband gave it to me as a gift, I think he got it from Lowes or HDepot for between $6 and $10. I use it a lot. Shop around it is well worth the price. you can do it yourself for the rest of your life. http://www.accusharp.com/
Old 10-13-2010, 08:07 PM

I've had my Ginger's sharpened twice now and have had them over 25 years, same for my pinking shears. They hold a sharp edge great and for a long time as long as you take good care of them and only cut fabric.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 AM
Bam

I sent my Ginger scissors back to the company for sharpening and have been very satisfied with the results. There was a charge for sharpening and shipping but well worth the price. You can Google Ginger repair for address and prices.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Originally Posted by craftiladi
Ok silly question...I have only 1 expensive pair of scissors, lots of not so expensive pairs, am I going to be shamed if I ask a professional to sharpen the less expensive scissors?
dee - the frugal sewer
I wouldn't be ashamed. After all, whether they are expensive or not, they still need to be sharp. The less expensive just may not hold an edge like the good one.
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my question. Very much appreciated.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 AM

My local sewing center is also a repair shop and they also sharpen scissors. It's well worth the small cost to have it done. Why struggle with dull scissors?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

I sharpen scissors and pinking shears ,feel free to message for any details.