Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. >

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 PM

was at the Chadron, NE WalMart today, and their fabric department has definitely expanded since the last time I visited there in July.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM

We still have our fabric in zanesville Ohio on maple ave, They were to get ridd of it in april of 2011. Just heard from wm employee they were going to keep some of the bolted fabric hope they keep it all.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:04 PM

You can also call and ask them to keep the fabric. 1-800-WalMart. I called ever week to keep ours. They just took my name and address and said they would give the message to whoever.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Phillis
You can also call and ask them to keep the fabric. 1-800-WalMart. I called ever week to keep ours. They just took my name and address and said they would give the message to whoever.
This is where the votes count. Let's make it a landslide. The "decider" is right there in the building. When they see an overwhelming response, they notice. This is why they pay for the large staff to manage those phones. The problem with slow checkouts was handled this way years ago. That was the largest complaint by far at that time, and they did make a lot of improvements.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:43 PM

Sure hope at happens at our superstores! I sure have missed it!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Well, that sounds like good news, but I will believe it when I see it. I'd like to meet some of these "rocket scientists" that decided to take away fabric in the first place.

But, thanks for the good new, I hope.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Thank goodness. My phone bill may go down. haha
Old 10-16-2010, 03:40 PM

that is GREAT news! :thumbup: But I don't suppose you have a "insider's trading tip" on exactly WHERE those stores will be across the country?
thanks for letting us know!
And you too will become a great quilter,it just takes time,practice,practice,practice!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by kspurlock1
I have some good news for you. I am a research analyst (stockbroker) as well as a not so skilled quilter. I just read a research report from KeyBanc stating that Wal-Mart will be adding fabric back to their stores. How about that?

Here is an excerpt: “Over the last four years, Wal-Mart has gradually removed fabric from its stores, and now operates approximately 1,800 stores with full fabric .... down from approximately 3,300 stores in 2006. Until recently we expected Wal-Mart to remove the full fabric department from approximately 1,000 additional stores….Wal-Mart management is now changing its fabric plans. They cite customer requests for the product and an opportunity to drive incremental traffic. …Finally, Wal-Mart plans to selectively add full fabric back where customers asked for the product. At this stage, no formal rollout plan has been announced.”

Isn’t this wonderful? I know I have missed the fabric department at Wal-Mart!

It would be wonderful to hear back from you if and when you see changes in the wal-mart fabric department. Pictures of the return would be even better and could help move this process along. I also suggest that you voice your opinion to Wal-Mart store managers about the loss of fabric. They seem to be listening again – YEA!

looking forward to hearing from you
I was just recently at my local Wal-mart and noticed all the new fleece fabric in, when I asked the service girl when did these come in she told me they had been arriving for a week now and more to come. I am a very happy camper.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:20 PM

So glad to hear that. Maybe my opinion and buying habits will change towards Wal-Mart.